Mariners society

RnD

Some time ago we got a call from a Mariners society representative. Apparently they were updating their records and had lost many of our old cruise records. We told them we had been on 60 or so cruises and many of them were on HAL. The guy said no problem, he would put us in the top category. He added 100 or so sea days for 1974.

I guess the system changed a while back and now we are not in the top category. I called the Mariners society and they said their records only indicate

120 or so sea days-It used to be cruises not sea days. I explained the situation and that we took our first cruise in 1976 for our honeymoon so obviously 100 sea days in 1974 was wrong.

Now I am told that I need to produce some sort of record of our past cruises to prove the actual number of sea days we have. I explained that it is very difficult to find cruise documents from over 30 years ago and that many of the pictures we have, have no date nor even a ship name on them.

It is certainly not the "prestige of being in the top category, but there are a number of perks we would like.

Has anyone else run into this, and is it reasonable for them to expect us to find 30 years worth of records since they lost a lot of data?

I had joined the Cunard World Club when I took my first voyage on the QE2 in January, 2008.

I asked about getting credit for a cruise from 1978 on the old Cunard Countess. They asked me to send them anything to show I was aboard.

I found a couple of photos, one showed the steward serving our table in the dining room. The other showed us at the lido pool.

They sent back the photo's and gave me credit for that cruise.:)

Archived