ROLL CALL - PA II 29 June Longyearbyen-Tromso

retiredbrit

Anyone else on board, we are Alan and Joyce from Hertfordshire UK.

Due to flight problems Silversea are flying us out early on 27 June, overnight Oslo, then flying to Longyearbyen on 28 th over night and board on the 29th.

We have waterproof overtrousers as part of our normal hiking gear and have ordered our parka and hopefully expect to use boots belonging to the ship.

Starting to sort out our layers and fleeces etc.

Received our travel documents today in a nice "leather" folder, matching luggage lables etc. Ours arrived in a big box which wouldnt go through our letter box - so we had to go to our local post office to collect it.

One nice thing is they included a itiniary including phone numbers to leave behind for family - something other cruise lines should follow.

Our 20 kg weight limit shouldnt be too much of a problem as the dress code is 2 nights Informal - thats tha Captains Welcome and Frewell dinners, the rest are casual. Unless I find different I wont take a Tuxedo (Dinner suit) just a Jacket and a blazer.

Lets hope we see a lot of wildlife

regards Alan

Hi Alan,

We are not on your cruise, but doing the same trip on the 12th August.

I will look foreward to your post cruise report and any tips you have !

Happy sailing and I hope you see lots of wildlife :)

Ann

In checking your cruise schedule, I noticed that you arrive in Tromsø at noon at July 8, Thursday. Our July 1-16 Silver Cloud cruise will be in the same port from 8 am to 5 pm on this same day. Since the Silversea’s Prince Albert II arrives in Tromso at noon this day, it will be an interesting "photo op" to have the two ships together. I doubt that happens too often.

As I understand, you will be cruising from Longyearbyen on June 29. Those on your ten-day cruise will experience one of the last major European wilderness areas and expect to see whales, walruses, seals, reindeer, Arctic foxes and polar bears. You will circle the North Cape before heading south to Tromso. Most will depart your ship the next day in Tromso. We will be heading north from Tromso towards Hammerfest, the North Cape before we head south for more of the Lofoten Islands, fjords and Bergen. We'll say "HI" in passing!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Archived