International Cafe?

Rhitson88

So much good information on this thread. Can you tell me if all the ships have this cafe? I will be on the Sea and did not see any mention of that class of ship. It looks like I just might be getting a coffee card.

thanks to all for the posts.

Cathy

I think we should all take a vow never to answer a question about the IC. What happens if everybody finds out about it? You can actually see people pass by without stopping to pick up some of those wonderful goodies.

I know you are only teasing and posting this in jest but that's what CC is all about........helping each other.

We have all paid our fare and everyone on board is entitled to the same no extra charge goodies.:):):)

So much good information on this thread. Can you tell me if all the ships have this cafe? I will be on the Sea and did not see any mention of that class of ship. It looks like I just might be getting a coffee card.

thanks to all for the posts.

Cathy

No International Cafe on the Sea.

I think we should all take a vow never to answer a question about the IC. What happens if everybody finds out about it? You can actually see people pass by without stopping to pick up some of those wonderful goodies.

I agree;):D On our last 10 night Ruby cruise it wasn't until the last 2 days that it started to be a bit busy at times. We loved returning from port to stop and get something to drink and a bit to eat and relax before going up to our cabin. We love sailing on the Coral but we sure are going to miss not having the IC on our upcoming cruise.

Does anyone know if Princess will add International Cafe to all of its ships? I would love to eat there someday, but hate to sleep in a tiny cabin just to have that restaurant on a cruise!

Only the ships that can handle them; i.e. not the little guys - Pacific and Ocean. I imagine Diamond and Sapphire will get them after they go into drydock, but Island and Coral? Hmmmmmmmmmmm? Coral already was refit last October and all they added there was MUTS and the Sactuary. I think Sanctuary comes before anything else, since that's where the money is.

Does anyone know if Princess will add International Cafe to all of its ships? I would love to eat there someday, but hate to sleep in a tiny cabin just to have that restaurant on a cruise!

Just curious?? What does the IC have to do with the cabin size????

I believe the poster means that he would not book a cruise just because the ship has the IC, and cabin size just means that he's spending x number of days in small surroundings.

I believe the poster means that he would not book a cruise just because the ship has the IC, and cabin size just means that he's spending x number of days in small surroundings.

Still does not compute. Cabin sizes for a particular category are all the same on the Grand class and that is just about all that is left, whether it has the IC or not????

The IC was my favorite casual place to eat on the last few ships that I've been on. The food is great, the desserts are to die for and best of all...it's right near the coffee. Morning. noon and night there is always something good to be found. When I was on the Crown this past April the Cookie Monster was a welcome sight every afternoon with a cold glass of milk and warm freshly baked cookies available to all.

The first day on the cruise I had a chicken salad sandwich (the best) and a small salad. I asked if I could have a few more olives (as I am an olive freak and was missing my fix), and was presented was a small bowl of them to take with me. I sat on my balcony in a blissful state anticipating the rest of the cruise with my friends. Each day after that whenever I went to the IC, I would get a small bowl of olives no matter what I ordered. It was great!!!

The ships with International Cafe have smaller cabins than the ships without it, if all info on the Princess website is accurate. So by boarding a ship with the IC, I cannot have a lot of space in my balcony cabin.

The ships with International Cafe have smaller cabins than the ships without it, if all info on the Princess website is accurate. So by boarding a ship with the IC, I cannot have a lot of space in my balcony cabin.

Really? They didn't shrink the cabins when they added the IC to ships.

The grand class ships with or without the IC have exactly the same size cabins. Where did you get the idea that ships without the IC have smaller cabins???

Wrong.

Truthfully, my cabin on the CB which has an IC was the exact same size as my non-balcony IC less cabin was on Celebrity. You need to stop worrying about minutiae.

I LOVE having a balcony cabin and cannot wait to get back on the CB....even though my cabin is smaller than my bedroom at home... :)

WOO HOO...cannot wait...20 days...................

Bernadette

Archived