Wedding Location on Freedom

Looking for a different setting - just hoping for some ideas. We will be getting married at 1:00pm on Sunday during boarding time, so a common area that may not be as crowded as usual is ok.

Please reconsider this, getting married during boarding time can really add pressure to the most important day of your life. Just think of turning up at the port with all your luggage, and trying to carry wedding cloths etc. If as you stated it is only a small wedding party, maybe a rethink on the 1.00pm time would make life easier and more enjoyable for you. All the best for your future life as a family.:) I do speak from experience as we got married on The Navigator.

Looking for a different setting - just hoping for some ideas. We will be getting married at 1:00pm on Sunday during boarding time, so a common area that may not be as crowded as usual is ok.

The front of the ship has a heliport on it with a large area for people to be and of course the view would be magnificent. But as mentioned above it is a public place so you should really talk to someone at RCCL or a ranking officer on board.

The spiral staircase in the Main Dining Room is a sight to see too! All the wood and a large piano on it, it reminded me of the staircase in the movie Titanic. Those would be my two other places to look at.

My wife and I went up to the skylight chapel on the 15th floor and it was beautiful and had setting for several people a changing area for the bride and the groom and obviously a skylight.

You will have to speak to RCI and find out what your options are.

Boarding day is very busy for them and many pax are waiting in public areas for cabins to be available.

You may not be given a choice. They may tell you where the ceremony has to be held.

...unless you are planning a "stealth" wedding, then RCI does not need to know anything. Two places come to mind: 1) the sundeck on top of the Sky Bar, or 2) the Fantail on deck 4. Most passengers don't "discover" either of these on the first day.

Thanks for the suggestions. We have spoken with RCCL and we can get married anywhere on the ship we would like to; just have to notify them 14 days in advance. We took their suggestion and are having the ceremony before departure - we like the idea of having the wedding right away and then enjoying the cruise vacation right away.

Right now it's just a matter of location - we want to pick a spot that is away from embarking crowds but picturesque as well. Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Thanks for the suggestions. We have spoken with RCCL and we can get married anywhere on the ship we would like to; just have to notify them 14 days in advance. We took their suggestion and are having the ceremony before departure - we like the idea of having the wedding right away and then enjoying the cruise vacation right away.

Right now it's just a matter of location - we want to pick a spot that is away from embarking crowds but picturesque as well. Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Not sure where home is, but in Florida, the only way the marriage is legal is if it is performed in Florida, so having the official ceremony on land and then repeating it on board makes sense.

That is good news for you because I saw the chapel on FOS and was wondering who in the world would want to get married in there. There was no window so what is the point of being at sea. If the helicopter pad works, I would agree that it would be a great spot. There is usually hardly anyone out there except at sailaway. Congratulations!

What date are you sailing? Florida has it's showers in the summer and an inside location might be safer due to weather.

I think the boarding passengers would really appreciate seeing a wedding, who does not love a wedding.......

The Bridge on the Royal Promenade is beautiful.....................

Wishing you and your fiance many years of happiness together.

There was a story posted not long ago of a wedding that never happened as the ceremony was planned for an island to be visited on the cruise....unfortunately bad weather intervened and the stop was never made..... good idea to have the ceremony first.....

We are sailing August 15th on FOS, Eastern Caribbean. We are allowed to marry on the ship as long as it has not left port, which is why the ceremony is scheduled as early as it is.

We sailed on the INDY Mar '10 and the wedding party we saw was taken onboard just minutes before those of us upstairs in the priority waiting area..actually we passed by them to put our SeaPass cards in to be activated..They all (approx.15) seemed very confused and stressed out (I felt sorry for them )...After we had lunch in the WJ we went upstairs to see the DL and popped our heads up the stairs to peek into Chapel (wasn't impressed..seemed to be too much going on during embarkation time)..yes the ceremony has to take place before the ship leaves port...Is there any posibility you could get married in one of the ports depending on your itinerary..seems like it would be a lot nicer....Whatever you decide..Congratulations !!!

When we were on Mariner a couple got married on deck right near the Sky Bar. The wedding was around 2pm. It was a very small wedding party and it was beautiful. What a wonderful way to start your new life and cruise together. Congratulations!

We are sailing August 15th on FOS, Eastern Caribbean. We are allowed to marry on the ship as long as it has not left port, which is why the ceremony is scheduled as early as it is.

Thanks, that clears up everything.

Just for your information :-

SkylightChapel.jpg

Whatever you decide, Congratulations, best wishes & have a great wedding & cruise. :)

Well I do have to admit that the photo looks much better than when I peaked into it. Now i realize that I looked at night and so couldn't see the effect of the skylight. Still, I would prefer an outdoor spot with this as a rain plan. Several have suggested the Promenade bridge. That is a very busy area on embarkation day as it is right beside guest services, main elevators, etc.

Archived