Equinox: Coceirge or Sky Suite

rainbowbeach

No one can look into your wallet, but if money is no object, definitely take the Sky Suite. Besides the extra room, there is a butler who is available for whatever you need. You get all the perks of CC plus the perks of being in a suite. We tend to spend some time in our cabin, so it is worth it to us to have the larger cabin. You won't be sorry either way.

No one can look into your wallet, but if money is no object, definitely take the Sky Suite. Besides the extra room, there is a butler who is available for whatever you need. You get all the perks of CC plus the perks of being in a suite. We tend to spend some time in our cabin, so it is worth it to us to have the larger cabin. You won't be sorry either way.

Thanks Susan! I agree with you - can't go wrong either way. But we tend to spend more time in the room as well and the Sky Suite is the way to go. Going for the S1 to have the wrap around too. :)

Personally I would not go for the suite; we have had suites every time but in 2011 we will be in an AQ room - reason, in the suite we were no able to use Blu, they could not fit us in, the AQ rooms have bottled water and nicer amenities. The shower in AQ is nicer than the overbath shower in the suites. But, yes the sky suite has more floor space and may depending on the room you have, offer a better balcony

So really the question is how much extra are you prepared to pay for "real estate?" We decided in the future not to spend the extra but to put it to our on board experience or to buy an extra cruise, on the prices we were being offered we could get 3 AQ cruises in the year for the price of 2 SS ones

A

Had a C1 on Solstice (2144) not in the stern, but next to it (check deck plan). The balcony was larger and it was covered. Also had sky suites on Solstice - (2123, 2135). The concierge cabins are considerably smaller.

I think it is a subjective thing, what size and type of cabin is better. For us, we prefer the sky suite for the extra room. We like to spend time in the cabin and on the balcony as well. I have only been in that one CC cabin.

However, when DH retires and we have more time for cruising, we may forego the sky suite to be able to cruise more often. Ultimately any cabin will work - it is a cruise, after all!

Doris

Sky suite or Aqua for us only!!! we booked Aqua over booking a sky suite for our Med cruise on Equionox in a few weeks, mainly because when we ate in BLU it was so much better then the MDR, so we saved a few thousand and get to eat in BLU!!! We usually have a sky suite though.

One consideration with the aft C1 cabins, and the S1 suites as well, is that there is no shade on the balconies. None of these balconies is covered. bring plenty of sunblock.

True, with the Resort Deck (top deck) being the notable exception. We had a center Sky Suite there on Solstice and it was completely covered. It poured rain the entire day we were in Labadee. The only folks who could really enjoy their aft balconies that day were those of us on the Resort Deck. :cool:

• 1 month later...
True, with the Resort Deck (top deck) being the notable exception. We had a center Sky Suite there on Solstice and it was completely covered. It poured rain the entire day we were in Labadee. The only folks who could really enjoy their aft balconies that day were those of us on the Resort Deck. :cool:

We are holding Sky Suite 2150 on the resort deck. I didn't want to book it until knowing about the balcony - covered or uncovered. Love aft, but am concerned about the soot issue - any thoughts? Thanks for the help:)

I would say if you have the money for it, book the suite!! There is nothing like having the perks of a Butler on your cruise. We were in a sky suite last January on the Summit, I got too much sun in port one day, the butler took one look at me walking up the hallway, and two seconds later was in our cabin with a bottle of aloe.

We just booked our third cruise (and third suite) and we will absolutely not book any other room class ever. We like spending time in the room and on the balcony, so we like the extra space in a suite.

Archived