post cruise hotel FLL

some_body

You'll have to add info for us to rec something you might be interested in. Budget?

Travel date?

Need beach area or happy with pool only?

Have you used Priceline or hotwire in the past?

Too, if you look over the last 3 pages of threads, you'll see lots of hotels discussed and their amenities.

Your choice will come down to 17th St. properties (downtown), or properties closer to the beach and /or marina areas. Then there are a few even closer to the airport.

• 3 weeks later...

I started searching the boards for a post-cruise hotel, found this, and then realized I had started it.

For a hotel, we are not too worried about amenities. A pool would be fine, and I don't think there are many (if any) without a pool. Don't need beach access.

My main concern now is transportation. I called a couple hotels and it seems that their shuttles do not necessarily run early enough for a 6:30 am flight. Also transportation from the port would be nice. It's funny how some hotels are more than willing to give you a ride to the port, but won't pick you up again even if you are staying another night. Then again, I can always balance cab fare against the hotel cost.

I started searching the boards for a post-cruise hotel, found this, and then realized I had started it.

For a hotel, we are not too worried about amenities. A pool would be fine, and I don't think there are many (if any) without a pool. Don't need beach access.

My main concern now is transportation. I called a couple hotels and it seems that their shuttles do not necessarily run early enough for a 6:30 am flight. Also transportation from the port would be nice. It's funny how some hotels are more than willing to give you a ride to the port, but won't pick you up again even if you are staying another night. Then again, I can always balance cab fare against the hotel cost.

Stay at the Hyatt Place or Embassy Suites. A cab to the port or airport will only be around $10.

Embassy Suites has a nice pool, is close to the port and airport, has a free evening manager's reception, and you can walk to lots of restaurants. Maybe you can get a good rate at hiltonfamilymvp.com

I am researching a hotel for post cruise. We will be coming up from POM after our cruise and flying out of FLL at 6:00AM so it would be nice to have a hotel within 15 minutes of airport. I am interested in a nice hotel possibly with good view of ocean, maybe beach. (we have all day to enjoy otel and area) The hotel shuttle isn't a deal breaker because I am sure we can grab a cab- assuming they run 24 hours.

I have my pre-cruise hotel in MIA picked out as we have cruied out of MIA sesveral times and know that area. We haven't flown out of FLL before.

Any recommendation would be much appriciated. :D

Archived