Aboard the Cloud

duct tape

Despite the SAS pilots strike, we got here! Nice train ride from Copenhagen to Stockholm. All is well on the Cloud. We have about 230 folks, including the suits from Ft Lauderdale, and about 65% Venetians for the Anniversary cruise. We were pleasantly surprised with the gift of nice jackets, embroidered for the occasion. Since it is so chilly they are useful. New Chef is terrific and the food is back to standards. More later.

Despite the SAS pilots strike, we got here! Nice train ride from Copenhagen to Stockholm. All is well on the Cloud. We have about 230 folks, including the suits from Ft Lauderdale, and about 65% Venetians for the Anniversary cruise. We were pleasantly surprised with the gift of nice jackets, embroidered for the occasion. Since it is so chilly they are useful. New Chef is terrific and the food is back to standards. More later.

Great to read your report, duct tape, and that you're "there" safe and sound! Didn't realize there was a SAS strike. Look forward to meeting you July 1.

I have heard from talking with Bob (bobndee) that this Executive chef, Douglas Hope, is very creative and likes to do innovative, inventive things. Bob says he has a great sense of humor and gets frustrated with those who only want to do the same old thing, over and over. From my research, I found out that he's a Canadian, mid-40's in age. He went to college near Toronto and got his culinary degree from Calgary's Southern Alberta Institute of Technology. My wife's birthday is July 1, which also happens to be his country's "celebration" day, Canada Day, when we depart on our cruise. Glad to read your "TERRIFIC" rating for the food. I understand the ship's pastry chef does a spectacular triple chocolate dessert that will "knock your socks off". My wife would like to sample that taste treat.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

We joined the Cloud on the previous voyage to St. Petersburg. Of the past 16 voyages on SS, I find it hard to believe that it just gets better.

Facinating "town hall" meeting with Kenneth Watson last night.

We joined the Cloud on the previous voyage to St. Petersburg. Of the past 16 voyages on SS, I find it hard to believe that it just gets better. Facinating "town hall" meeting with Kenneth Watson last night.

THANKS for your report on the deck for the warm-up cruises to our July 1-16 Norway Coast adventure on the Silver Cloud! Glad to hear the Cloud is doing well and getting "BETTER".

Would love to hear more details on what Silversea EVP/COO had to say. This would include on such subjects as whether the Spirit cannibalized from the rest of the SS fleet, any new-builds planned, keeping staff quality high, his comparisons with his former Regent line, etc.??? Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Ken's meeting was quite informative last evening. Will fill you in later. Good crowd on this trip... friendly, some familiar faces. Gdansk today, wonderful restoration. Still a little chilly for me!

Per AccuWeather for Gdansk today, they are saying it was mostly sunny, high of 65F and low of 48F. That sounds better than 92F and feeling like 96F the next two days here in Central Ohio. I'm sure it's much, much hotter in the south. BUT, we understand that the 50's and low 60's is cooler than what's normal there. Look forward to reading more reports as you travel on this special Baltics cruise.

I think the weather Gods are lost somewhere in the south of France! It is really chilly and wet today in Riga. Pack some warmer clothes. Mostly everyone is out sightseeing and I have not heard any grumping from anyone this trip. Everyone seems happy and full too, food is very good!

I think the weather Gods are lost somewhere in the south of France! It is really chilly and wet today in Riga. Pack some warmer clothes. Mostly everyone is out sightseeing and I have not heard any grumping from anyone this trip. Everyone seems happy and full too, food is very good!

Thanks to duct tape for the continued updates from the Silver Cloud. Glad the food ratings are very good. The latest update from AccuWeather for Copenhagen, shows a "heat wave" coming compared to what duct tape has been experiencing on her current cruise in the Baltic Sea areas.

Here's what they are now projecting for Copenhagen next week: Tuesday, June 29, a blend of sun and clouds Low: 61 °F, High: 73 °F; Wednesday, June 30, mostly sunny, Low: 62 °F, High: 73 °F; Thursday, July 1, partly sunny, a shower; warm, Low: 64 °F, High: 78 °F. From a friend in Copenhagen, her reaction to this 70's temperatures next week was "Whoo hoo! Sounds like a heat wave at last!". For tomorrow through Monday, Copenhagen will be very sunny and in the low 70's for those five days. Maybe my friend's husband, who planned a "Jewish Viking rain dance", has things working with his reverse psychology plan to entertain the the Weather God.

Enjoy! Look forward to more details on your visits in Poland, etc. Terry in Ohio

How is the Silver Cloud Captain surviving the news today of the loss by Italy in the World Cup first round?

From the New York Times, they have this headline: "Defending Champion Italy Is Eliminated" with these highlights: "Slovakia bounced Italy out of the 2010 World Cup, by a 3-2 score, at Ellis Park in Johannesburg, the biggest shock of the tournament thus far. The Italians are the defending champions, and while it’s difficult to repeat (only Italy in 1934 and 1938 and Brazil in 1958 and 1962 have done so), it’s another thing to go out in the first round."

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/24/world-cup-live-slovakia-vs-italy-2/?ref=sports

Thank goodness we got off yesterday before the news hit home! The officers and crew shoud be calmer by next week! See you then. <it is beautiful in Stockholm now. Weather is suppoed to improve. See you soon.

It's good you got off in time before the bad news for the Italy World Cup team hit the Captain and crew. We'll hope they use the next few days to "recover" and heal from that crushing blow. In Italy, they take this soccer stuff super serious.

Thank goodness we got off yesterday before the news hit home! The officers and crew shoud be calmer by next week! See you then. <it is beautiful in Stockholm now. Weather is suppoed to improve. See you soon.

Delighted to hear the quality of food is back to normal high standard.If the Captain thought the Italians were poor the England team were a disgrace.Looking forward to joining the Cloud on 3 August in London.

Archived