Any Suggestions

T-N-C

We are taking a family cruise to the Caribbean Grand Cayman, Montego Bay, and Cozumel in October. It will be me, my husband, my parents, and our 4 kids (11, 14, & 15). I am thinking of using someone outside of the cruiseline to book excursions does any one have any suggestions on who to use, web sites to help with our decision, or any activities the whole family will enjoy. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

smiley-happy069.gif

• 2 weeks later...

We used Moby Dick to snorkel & see Stingray City. Smaller boat, not crowded, about 20 total passengers, no pressure to buy pictures, dvds, etc., great service and kid sized gear. Your kids are the perfect age for this tour. Good luck!:)

With that large group any excursion through the cruise line will cost a lot.

We were on a western caribbean cruise last week.

For cozumel, I would strongly recommend chankanaab park for your group. It is really nice. They have shady areas, sunny areas, really nice hammocks, a swimming pool, snorkeling (quite good snorkeling despite what others report - ours was the best of our stops), a sea lion show (we did not go to that).

the whole place is clean and large, you can walk around the park and see the lagoon, etc.

The cab fares are well marked before you get in the cab. Cabs are not expensive. About $19 ($17 with coupon) entrance to the park pp.

a company called shoretrips. They offer much more personalized and customized excursions cheaper then the cruiseline. My husband and daughter (17) are doing scuba in Grand Cayman. We have used them to go to Stingray city when the kids were younger. It was awesome. We also used Captain Marvin for sting ray city one other time. Both were great. Shoretrips would have stuff in all your ports. We are goign to Ocho Rios in Jamaica in 2 weeks and are doing the Dunns Fallas and tubing adventure with shoretrips.

This is our first cruise but we booked through Island Marketing the waverunner tour. So excited! We decided to book through them after reading many good reviews on this site :D. Here's the link. They do have other options besides the waverunners as well.

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCityWaveRunner.htm

Hope this helps!

Talli

We've decided to rent a car and drive across the island to spend the day at Rum Point. There seems to be a little bit of something for everyone there - shady beach w/ hammocks, swimming, water sports like sailing and jet skis, snorkeling, diving, restaurant on-site. Car rental fee is very reasonable. Something like that may work well for your group - one destination where everyone can kind of do their own thing!

TripAdvisor is fantastic - we've used them for various trips thusfar.

We found Stingray Sailing through them for our June 13th sailing on the Freedom of the Seas and loved it! We are rebooked with them for next year already. That being said, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the companies highly recommended on TripAdvisor.

We are taking a family cruise to the Caribbean Grand Cayman, Montego Bay, and Cozumel in October. It will be me, my husband, my parents, and our 4 kids (11, 14, & 15). I am thinking of using someone outside of the cruiseline to book excursions does any one have any suggestions on who to use, web sites to help with our decision, or any activities the whole family will enjoy. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

smiley-happy069.gif

I'm posting this on the wrong forum, I realize. You might also enjoy Paradise Beach in Cozumel...we loved it! I think it was $15 each way, and $14/person for beach chairs, water toys, kayaks, etc. We enjoyed it!

Archived