Flight from LAX post cruise - 12:25 too early

Tall Stacks

Delta has changed our flights around so many times, I am confused. They have now put us on a flight that departs from LAX at 12:25PM after our cruise to Hawaii and return on the Golden (we were originally on a flight out at 1:10PM). When I plug the flight into the Princess Cruise personalizer, it tells me this flights is too early! Will be be okay, or do I need to go back to Delta again? Thanks.

Delta has changed our flights around so many times, I am confused. They have now put us on a flight that departs from LAX at 12:25PM after our cruise to Hawaii and return on the Golden (we were originally on a flight out at 1:10PM). When I plug the flight into the Princess Cruise personalizer, it tells me this flights is too early! Will be be okay, or do I need to go back to Delta again? Thanks.

You will be fine, we take 10:30 flights regularly. ;)

What day of the week are you coming in? As in any large city, that can factor in on the amount of traffic and any delays. If Delta has a later flight that is acceptable to you, call Delta ... tell them the change is NOT acceptable and you want on a certain flight that IS acceptable to you. When THEY make that large of a change, they will change it to something more acceptable (hopefully there are seats still available).

I've had an easy disembarkation in Los Angeles ... I've had one where it was pouring rain and everything was flooded (was thankful we were staying over), and one where there were several ships in port and Customs was VERY slow. If Princess says it is too early and you're taking their shuttle, call Delta.

Your flight time is fine. We had a 1230 flight out of LAX on our last cruise and we were at the airport by 10:00. We got through checkin real fast (for LAX) and had over an hour to wait before our plane.

Should be no problem as you would be in the car pool lane in a cab or shared shuttle if you are returning on a weekday. Just hope my son isn't driving down from Woodland Hills that day to Long Beach. The last two times the freeway has been closed in both directions due to a fatal accident! You can plan in advance to go around it--but the problem is those stuck on it when it is closed.

I agree, no problem 90% of the time.

Should be no problem as you would be in the car pool lane in a cab or shared shuttle if you are returning on a weekday.
As has been said, you should be fine with a flight out of LAX at 12:25pm. Unless there's a major accident, which you can't anticipate, you'll have plenty of time to get to the airport, check in and even have a wait.

Because it's so busy, LAX recommends checking in for domestic flights two hours before your flight. As most passengers are off the ship by 9am, this shouldn't present a problem.

Just a few thoughts.....try to be one of the earlier groups off the ship. You needn't do self-disembarkation, but don't wait around either. We encountered enormous lines for baggage check in at LAX upon our return from the Hawaii cruise on the Golden. It took over an hour to get through the line. If you can do E-Z check, by all means take advantage of it. We could not.

SuperShuttle: we had reservations. They were miserably disorganized, probably because they where overwhelmed with business. It took longer than it should have to be on our way from the pier to the airport.

Security lines: quite long, generally ridiculous. That took another 1/2 hour.

We still had plenty of time to catch our flight, but it was a late afternoon flight.

Above all, have a fabulous cruise!!!:D

Everyone was late getting off Sapphire Princess .My group disembarked 10.45AM returning from Mexico.

Yes you should be OK as everyone else has stated.There can be exceptions to every rule though.

SuperShuttle: we had reservations. They were miserably disorganized, probably because they where overwhelmed with business. It took longer than it should have to be on our way from the pier to the airport.

We did that the first time and then realized that it was much faster to just walk out to the curb and request Super Shuttle than to wait on our reservation. There were plenty of vans for the asking.

Mike:)

We did that the first time and then realized that it was much faster to just walk out to the curb and request Super Shuttle than to wait on our reservation. There were plenty of vans for the asking.

Mike:)

this.

Archived