Snorkel Equipment in Cocoa Beach??

guyver

Hi Folks,

Can anyone tell me of a good place to purchase snorkel equipment in the Cocoa Beach / Port Canaveral area?

We live in Ontario, Canada, and not much selection here. I also don't feel confident just ordering online. I would rather be able to try on the equipment.

Any suggestions?

P.S. - I have also posted this in the ports of call section.

Thanks in advance,

Hi Folks,

Can anyone tell me of a good place to purchase snorkel equipment in the Cocoa Beach / Port Canaveral area?

We live in Ontario, Canada, and not much selection here. I also don't feel confident just ordering online. I would rather be able to try on the equipment.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Ron Jon's surf shop (Cocoa Beach) has everything you will need, and in all price ranges.

Ron Jon's surf shop (Cocoa Beach) has everything you will need, and in all price ranges.

The bus from the ship drop you off just near there. As Tequila said, they have everything you will need and then some! Have fun!:)

We just did this in Cocoa Beach two weeks ago (on the Jewel). We took the Cocoa Beach shuttle to Ron Jon's Surf Shop. Ron Jon's had youth snorkel and mask combos for 14.99. We then walked across the street to the souvenir shops (this is actually where the shuttle lets you out). Inside those shops (2 shops) they were selling the snorkel and mask combos (adult and kid) for 14.99. On the ship the rental for the snorkel, mask, fins and vest is $30.00. You will still need to rent a vest (if snorkeling on GSC) for $4.99 so you will save yourself about $10 per person doing it this way (minus the fins).

We did purchase them and rent the vest for GSC, one of the kids is germaphob and didn't want to use the "used" equipment so this worked out well for us. And we brought them home as a souvenir. Factor in the shuttle cost ($10 per person) and it's basically a wash cost wise (but you keep the equipment). We were going to take the shuttle anyway so . . .

The shuttle also stops at Wal-Mart so you could buy them there, we didn't get off at Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart of course! :D

I got my snorkel from them and it works great. I got the "adult" size with the float-stopper and no leaks.

The snorkel set comes with a mask $19.95, but I use my old mask and flippers I got in grand cayman. Wal-mart sells them too but can't comment on them since I haven't used them.

I looked at Wal-mart on line but didn't see the exact snorkel so it might be a local Titusville, Florida distribution. You can always check the Cocoa and Cocoa Beach Wal-Marts too. Titusville Wal-mart is about 15 - 20 min from Port Canaveral.

Some excursions provide flippers and all. CocoCay requires you to wear a vest, but you can always snorkel on the south side of CocoCay away from the crowd without one. I disagree with RCI policy at CocoCay about requiring a vest because you have swimmers right next to you without them and its a "boat protected area." Not sure what's the diff? I could understand it if I were snorkeling out in the deep.

Paul

Hi Folks,

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Ok - if you will go to this thread and scroll down half way you will find a lot of information on places such as Wal-mart, Target etc locations - also I have some 10% discount coupons for Ron Jons that you are welcomed to - just drop me a note at snelsonbrown at aol dot com - its not much of a savings but it does help -

Post #5

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119114

ENJOY your visit to our town of Brevard County.

Dive shops tend to have fairly good selections of snorkeling masks & snorkels. You can try this Google map search to see if there are any near you.

Archived