Trapani to Erice on Funivia in Oct.?

sunnygidget

Is Trapani to Erice on Funivia in Oct. possible? I know the Funivia closes in bad weather, but not sure if it even runs at all at that time of year. Is it even worth it, so the back up would be the bus, but it seems the times are for the bus are limited. Any help here would be great.

I researched taking the Funivia for our upcoming trip and here is what I concluded. First off you will need to take a cab to get to the Funivia from the tender dropoff as it is something like two miles away. Then you have the weather issue you mentioned. You could get to the cable car and it might not be running and of course that would also be possible on your return ride (at which point you need another taxi to get back to the dock). I looked at taking the bus to Erice but it does not run that frequently so we would either cut way into our time in Erice or risk missing the boat :eek:. I even considered (this is hard for me to say.....taking the ship transfer to Erice :eek: :eek:) but came to my senses. We are now scheduled to rent a car. There is an Avis about .3 miles from the pier, the car cost $85, I have a portable GPS with European maps so that is the route we are taking. It gave us the most time in Erice (and the most flexibility) for a reasonable price. Good luck with your visit.

Kirk

Kirk, want to thank-you for taking the time to help me out with some options. It really does come down to a rental if you want to go there doesn't it. Well will have to see if our little group wants to go bad enough or not, to rent a car. Thanks again.

Archived