Princess Cays activity costs?

boomvan

Hello,

I understand the food is free on princess cays. But, I was wondering how much the activities i.e. aqua biking, banana boating, etc..cost? Or are these activities inclusive?

Thank you!

They should all be listed on your excursions for Princess Cays on our booking. There is a charge for those types of activities, they are not included. Check your booking online and once the excursions are open for your cruise, they will have them all listed there. ;) Enjoy!

As of 12/09

Float rental $9

Aqua chair $9

Snorkel Vest $9

Snorkel equipment rental (including vest) $24

Sea board $9 for one hour

Hobie wave sailboat rental $54/boat for one hour for up to three people - experienced sailors only

Hobie Bravo rental $39/boat for one hour for up to two people - experienced sailors only

Hobie wave sailboat (lesson and rental) $179/boat for one hour for up to two people

Aqua bike (two persons) $29 per 30 minutes

Paddle wheeler (two persons) $24 per 30 minutes

Paddle wheeler (four persons) $29 per 30 minutes

Ocean kayak (one person) $19 per 30 minutes

Ocean kayak (two persons) $29 per 30 minutes

Transparent hull kayak (two persons) $34 per 30 minutes

Banana boat ride $19 for 15 minutes

Waste of time. You have to tender to a sand spit. Next time we will stay on the ship. I can enjoy my food better when it doesn't have sand in it. This is just my opinion.

When we were there, we rented a paddle kayak thingy. The wind was so strong, it just blew us sideways, no matter how hard we paddled. Couldn't wait to leave.

Waste of time. You have to tender to a sand spit. Next time we will stay on the ship. I can enjoy my food better when it doesn't have sand in it. This is just my opinion.

When we were there, we rented a paddle kayak thingy. The wind was so strong, it just blew us sideways, no matter how hard we paddled. Couldn't wait to leave.

Well since you're going to a beach for the day what did you expect? They do have tables to sit at so you don't have to sit on the ground to enjoy your food.

I've been to princess cays a couple dozen times. I've never had sand in my food.

If you don't like the place -- that's fine. No need to make up things.

More people should stay on the ship. It would make the tender lines

shorter for those who do want to go.

Edited by pablo222

We've been to princess Cays about 6 times. We are not beach type people but we always get off to enjoy the area for awhile... wife checks the shops... we enjoy a drink or two at the bar... the barbque is nice (never had sand in food)...tenders always have gone pretty smoothly..

We may only go ashore for two hours or so but we do enjoy it. We've been to other cruise lines beaches and Princess Cays is by far the best.

I can understand many folks take advantage of the day to enjoy the less crowded pools on board.

I wonder why u r in the carribbean then.It is mainly beaches,sun and sand.Perhaps a more refined mediterranean cruise would be better?IMHO:confused:

I wonder why u r in the carribbean then.It is mainly beaches,sun and sand.Perhaps a more refined mediterranean cruise would be better?IMHO:confused:

Actually I must disagree with you. I am not what you would call a beach person yet I love the Caribbean, have travelled there many times, and will probably retire there. If you only see the Caribbean as beaches, sun, and sand then you have truly missed the beauty of the Caribbean. The natural beauty of an islands vegetation, the wildlife, the wonders of the different cultures, the passion of the people themselves, just to name a few. You need to explore more of the Caribbean than just a strip of sand to appreciate its true beauty.

I've been to Princess Cays 3 times over the past 5 years and have never been disappointed. The food is good and plentiful. The beach was clean and not over crowded as there is so much open space. I rented an aqua chair and just floated in the water until I wanted to eat or get a drink at the bar. The shops were okay as well. The main draw for me was the water and the view of the ship in the distance. I found it so relaxing.

It's a beach day, a private island beach day. Where you expecting something more? We have visited many private islands for again 'a beach day' and expected what was advertised, a beach. ;) Princess doesn't control the wind for water sports..................but if you find a private island that does, please share it with all of us as I for one would love to visit it. ;)

I've been to Princess Cays 3 times over the past 5 years and have never been disappointed. The food is good and plentiful. The beach was clean and not over crowded as there is so much open space. I rented an aqua chair and just floated in the water until I wanted to eat or get a drink at the bar. The shops were okay as well. The main draw for me was the water and the view of the ship in the distance. I found it so relaxing.
We've been on shore in Princess Cays and enjoy the warmth of the sun, a little bit of swimming, and some people watching ;). I would recommend it to all new cruisers, as it set the tone for a great break from Colorado winter weather for us. If you have your own snorkel gear then the snorkeling becomes no additional cost.

Weather can happen even on the nicest looking day - our last visit followed some days of inclement weather and unfortunately we found the snorkeling area closed (too murky, too much current). Returning to the ship we had a marvelous day in the near empty ship's pools.

So do you have to rent the vest in order to snorkel?

If you rent the snorkel equipment, the vest is included.

If you bring your own equipment, you do not need to have a vest although signs will suggest it.

• 7 years later...
I have what may be a stupid question.... I have never snorkeled and was wondering if I'm able to wear my glasses under the mask without it leaking!

I wear glasses and can't wear them under the mask. The mask does magnify a bit depending on your vision. If you end up really liking snorkelling you can buy prescription masks.

Another vote for being unable to wear glasses under the mask, but my vision with the mask is significantly better than my normal "unaided" vision.

I totally agree that a private island where the cruise ship can dock is preferable to a piece of land advertised as a "private island" which is not an island and basically, but not entirely, private that requires a tender. On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with Princess Cay other than some mis-leading advertising. If you want a beach day, that's great. If you don't want a beach day, stay on the ship and enjoy it while it is uncrowded. I am somewhat surprised at the cost of the snorkel vest, but if it is not required it makes sense. Other lines that truly require the vest supply it at no charge if you bring your own equipment.

I have what may be a stupid question.... I have never snorkeled and was wondering if I'm able to wear my glasses under the mask without it leaking!

I have -3.75 vision in both eyes and found that with the magnifying effect of the mask and the water itself, my vision was okay.

I have -3.75 vision in both eyes and found that with the magnifying effect of the mask and the water itself, my vision was okay.

For me the mask helps but...I'm thinking of investing in a mask with prescription. When we did our 21 day Caribbean cruise in December I just couldn't see well enough-for example, my husband had to point out the octopus to me because it blended in so well. I want to be able to see all this myself!

If you're just beginning though make sure you love snorkelling first before spending the money on a prescription.

For me the mask helps but...I'm thinking of investing in a mask with prescription. When we did our 21 day Caribbean cruise in December I just couldn't see well enough-for example, my husband had to point out the octopus to me because it blended in so well. I want to be able to see all this myself!

If you're just beginning though make sure you love snorkelling first before spending the money on a prescription.

I bought a prescription mask a couple of years ago, it was a great investment. It's a bit heavier than a normal mask but I can see really well with it.

You just have to remember to allow for the magnification of the mask/water when you order it - you don't need the mask as strong as your glasses.

I can’t see anything without my glasses but didn’t want to invest in a prescription mask since I only snorkel once every few years. I took the arms off an old pair of glasses and wedged them into my mask. It worked great. [emoji851]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I bought a prescription mask a couple of years ago, it was a great investment. It's a bit heavier than a normal mask but I can see really well with it.

You just have to remember to allow for the magnification of the mask/water when you order it - you don't need the mask as strong as your glasses.

I heard another person say that, thanks for the reminder. I'm going for an eye check later this year and will ask about it. I think it's time since we love to snorkel & I'd love to see better to take photos.