where to find coffee on the Rotterdam

lilipad2

It's morning and I'm drinking my cup of coffee and reading the various posts on this board (love it!). I've come accross several entries regarding the coffee available on board and the quaility (ie syrup coffee). I was wondering if there are any other coffee connosseurs (I swear I'm not an addict :p ) who can tell me where to get real coffee onboard or just where to avoid it. Is it just the Lido that serves pre-fab coffee? Also, I know the Explorer Lounge also serves coffee drinks. Do they charge extra for lattes or cappuccinos? or is it for the more schmancy types of coffees?

Thanks!!

:)

The coffee in the Lido is available 24/7 and is free.

The Exploration's Cafe -- yes they charge for speciality coffees. Open from 7 AM until 10 PM.

If you order room service -- coffee is the same as that in the Lido.

You can get free lattes, espressos, and cappacino coffees if you dine in the dining room for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

There are also special coffee drinks in the Explorer's Lounge in the evening while the string quartet play. They are not free.

I've come accross several entries regarding the coffee available on board and the quaility (ie syrup coffee).

I don't know where you are reading that it's syrup coffee on HAL. It's real. The quality can vary from venue to venue, and even day to day in the same venue. But it is not made from syrup.

I don't know where you are reading that it's syrup coffee on HAL. It's real. The quality can vary from venue to venue, and even day to day in the same venue. But it is not made from syrup.

I read that a couple places leaving me to wonder about the quality of the coffee. I don't have the links to the posts, but a couple of people mention syrup coffee in one of the dining areas. I realize, they could be mistaken but just wanted to check.

I'm not at all concerned about the food. I think we'll all be (more than) fine in that regard. I'm just concerned about the coffee. I'm not sure what it says about me. :p

Coffee in the MDR with your dessert is much tastier IMHO. I think it is a different brand or blend. The Exploration coffee specialties are not free but cheaper than Starbucks. You also can get some little sandwiches or sweets for free with your coffee there. If you like tea, there is a nice selection of tea at tea time (4 p.m.) but the spice tea served at the special Indonesian tea is wonderful.

I don't have the links to the posts, but a couple of people mention syrup coffee in one of the dining areas. I realize, they could be mistaken but just wanted to check.

You might have Hal confused with Princess. Princess has syrup coffee except in their speciality coffee area.

Archived