Yall think I can do my first cruise with nothing but a carryon? its 5 days.

TnMama

My first Carnival cruise was on Valor when it was brand new. I did it with a carry-on. During the day I stayed in either swimsuits or shorts and the evenings were simple linen pants or skirts. I think we only dressed up once, it it was 7 days. The first day we were in the same clothes that we embarked on, and the last night we could wear what we wanted into the dinning room because luggage was being taken. I actually got to keep mine because if you can deal with it on your own no worries.

Enjoy your trip!

This is what i will probably end up doing. I have no doubt I will be able to take everything in my carry on and a back pack

I am going outside now to work on my base tan :D

This is what i will probably end up doing. I have no doubt I will be able to take everything in my carry on and a back pack

I am going outside now to work on my base tan :D

Hello Roomie!!! Told you these ladies were helpful over here! Dont get burned on your tanning. Ive got a base tan for me,still pale by most,but dark for me,lol.

Hello Roomie!!! Told you these ladies were helpful over here! Dont get burned on your tanning. Ive got a base tan for me,still pale by most,but dark for me,lol.

decided it was too hot to go out (almost 100 degrees)

will spend the afternoon looking for my packing list :(

decided it was too hot to go out (almost 100 degrees)

will spend the afternoon looking for my packing list :(

We have a heat index of 106 here now. Im on the porch and Monkey is playing in the dirt! actually he just brought me a frog and siad, Mom look, this one is not so cute! LMAO!!!

Im going to try it and see if it will "fly". {lol,Jan} I picked up my bag last night,and its not heavy,so far...so I wont mind heaving it,all the while to thinking,im saving money....

mine are always heavy...even my purses for everyday...i have been making lists of ABSOLUTE ESSENTIALs to carry in my personal bag...maybe i will eliminate one or two.....lol....actually it is my Jewelry that weighs alot.....lol...i LOVE my jewelry and take the pieces that go with each outfit (all planned out on my daily clothing chart)...i TRY to take less, but well it doesnt always work--cos i have so much to choose from and dont like to leave it at home....and too these days the fashion jewelry and styles are chunkier and bigger (weigh more-take up more space) i NEED a carry-on just for my Jewelry:eek:.....lol....

Jan~ you crack me up! you dont NEED one just for your jewels dahling...just wear the same thing,twice. that will cut out half your accesories. Im kind of a simpler girl when it comes to that stuff. Oh, I like my red lips and bright toes,dont get me wrong, I just down play the accesories. I mainly just wear my earrings {2 sets in each ear} and my wedding rings. Got a new fake set in the mail today. woo hoo, love me some ebay!!! I prefer tattoos to decorate me with,lol. Ive got foot art,and I love it! So built in bedazlement!

I DID buy a new pair of Kakki shorts at Goodwill just a few ago. I had bought some but they didnt fit right,and I outgrew a pair,so I did NEED a pair. Looks like everything Im taking is going with Kakki of some sort. But thats ok too. I can make it really mix n match with cutsey tops. plus,these dont take up a bunch of space either.

Ok gotta run, the Monkey is chasing Lightening Buzzards as he calls them!

you dont NEED one just for your jewels dahling...just wear the same thing,twice. that will cut out half your accesories.

Ok gotta run, the Monkey is chasing Lightening Buzzards as he calls them!

oh yeah i NEED i am a JEWELRY-holic and i am ADDICTED:D

buzzards lol:p...are they that big out there......i miss lighting bugs (what we would call them)we dont have those out this way:(

TnMama, A tip that was given to me my 1st cruise.. DownyWrinkle Releaser, 3.4 oz pump bottle. I would take one on every business trip when I was still working and every cruise. Spray, shake and just about every wrinkle comes out. I have used it on many fabrics and never had a problem, but always test on the underside. I get mine at Target.

TnMama, A tip that was given to me my 1st cruise.. DownyWrinkle Releaser, 3.4 oz pump bottle. I would take one on every business trip when I was still working and every cruise. Spray, shake and just about every wrinkle comes out. I have used it on many fabrics and never had a problem, but always test on the underside. I get mine at Target.

Thank you for that tip!!! I really had not thought about something like that. I plan to stash 1/4 of a dryer sheet in my suitcase to keep things smelling fresh,though.

Jan~ Yes,honey,theyre as big as buzzards here in west tn. I only live like 4 miles from the Ms river.Im trying to teach him how to call em lightening bugs,but he came up with the buzzard stuff on his own. You may be a jewlery feign,but Im a shoe freak. we just moved out here to the country. DH and I had a very large closet and its gone to half that here. well, my shoes are still in the large TP box we moved em in. lol. I LOVE shoes.sandals esp.so me only taking 3 pair is torture for me!!!

,but Im a shoe freak. we just moved out here to the country. DH and I had a very large closet and its gone to half that here. well, my shoes are still in the large TP box we moved em in. lol. I LOVE shoes.sandals esp.so me only taking 3 pair is torture for me!!!

I can so relate to the shoe fetish! I LOVE shoes and have been miserable for over a year. Tore my ACL last year, therapy, surgery, more therapy and now have pain 24/7, facing a total knee replacement and can't wear any of my many many heels!! :( I have pics on each box and go into the closet and stare weekly. I HATE flats. Hoping by cruise I will be able to wear at least a kitten heel.

Thank you for that tip!!! I really had not thought about something like that. I plan to stash 1/4 of a dryer sheet in my suitcase to keep things smelling fresh,though.

Jan~ Yes,honey,theyre as big as buzzards here in west tn. I only live like 4 miles from the Ms river.Im trying to teach him how to call em lightening bugs,but he came up with the buzzard stuff on his own. You may be a jewlery feign,but Im a shoe freak. we just moved out here to the country. DH and I had a very large closet and its gone to half that here. well, my shoes are still in the large TP box we moved em in. lol. I LOVE shoes.sandals esp.so me only taking 3 pair is torture for me!!!

bring the travel size of FEBREEZE to freshen up things...we dont travel without it!

i couldnt cruise with 3 pairs of shoes my feet swell or dont swell and i have to be ready and even tho i am not a SHOE person i take quite a few with me....so i have to make ROOM for the shoes and jewelry.....lol....

throw a couple of your flip-flops in your backback:)

i was told no aerosol cans...they took a small (within limit) size of my cologne spray last year and a fren of mine hairspray--i think that was LA

i cant remember just remember it being taken...

It's so very annoying when TSA agents don't know their own rules. Read the very first sentence from the TSA site:

http://www.tsa.gov/311/index.shtm

Unless you or your friends aerosol spray cans were over 3.4 ounces, they had no right to take them from you.

Perhaps you could print this page out next time you fly...not that you want to argue with a TSA agent, but just show it to them.

i couldnt cruise with 3 pairs of shoes my feet swell or dont swell and i have to be ready and even tho i am not a SHOE person i take quite a few with me....so i have to make ROOM for the shoes and jewelry.....lol....

throw a couple of your flip-flops in your backback:)

Starfish going to remember this the next time my DH asks why so many shoes;)

It's so very annoying when TSA agents don't know their own rules.Perhaps you could print this page out next time you fly...not that you want to argue with a TSA agent, but just show it to them.

oh i know...there doesnt seem to be CONSISTENCY

i dont think i would want to.....lol....last time i even asked ONE to repeat what they said they got MAD:mad:there was so much commotion going on i couldnt hear...one airport wants your shoes in the bin...the next not in the bin...i just WANT to do it RIGHT and carrying your ticket with you thru the screening or not...its CONFUSING and EXHAUSTING......lol....

we have the full body screening at our local airport and everytime we fly they change how they do things:eek:

lol...hubby doesnt care how many clothes or shoes i bring, but he does say do YOU NEED ALL THAT JEWELRY:D

Starfish mine doesn't mind, he just doesn't understand why shoes to match each outfit:rolleyes: I just went shoe shopping today, scored 2 really cute pairs for the cruise;)

Starfish mine doesn't mind, he just doesn't understand why shoes to match each outfit:rolleyes: I just went shoe shopping today, scored 2 really cute pairs for the cruise;)

ENJOY wearing them on your cruise...do you already have the outfits?

Hello-

My husband and I are planning on taking carry-on luggage for the two of us for a 7 day cruise. I'm planning on bringing lightweight, mostly wrinkle resistant clothes with us, and using the travel compression bags. I actually have been looking for luggage for a few weeks now, and finally happened apon one for myself at Target no less. It is regulation carry-on sized, and really seems to be roomy enough for all I'm planning to take. I was so excited! My husband found the one he wants online, as well, and the price is so low, it even has free shipping. He found it on some site, just by googling "carry onluggage". He'll probably bring less to wear than I will, so packing should be ok. I have made a list, and we will be sticking to it. ;) The thought of loosing our luggage, and then on top of that, having to pay the checked baggage fee, really sold us on carrying on ourselves. It will be an adventure I'm sure when it's all said and done, but what's a vacation without some of that? :rolleyes: Just MHO.

I really think if you plan, you'll suceed. I found compression bags for travel at Wal-Mart, in the luggage section, and even at the Dollar General store as well. Same product, just different labels.

Good Luck!

Happy Cruise :)

I can so relate to the shoe fetish! I LOVE shoes and have been miserable for over a year. Tore my ACL last year, therapy, surgery, more therapy and now have pain 24/7, facing a total knee replacement and can't wear any of my many many heels!! :( I have pics on each box and go into the closet and stare weekly. I HATE flats. Hoping by cruise I will be able to wear at least a kitten heel.

i feel for you...i had ACL surgery in 1990 and to this day i cant wear much of a heel without it bothering my knee....sorry you are going thru so much!!...hope it gets better for you...i have the ocassional knee pain-weather, tad arthritis, it does swell a bit after hrs of walking, doing things, on the cruises where the sea-air swells me, but i have been content in a low heel or my flip-flop style...comfort is the most important now.

ENJOY wearing them on your cruise...do you already have the outfits?

Yes, I have the outfits. One pair are what some would call flip flops - no heel strap, the straps arcross the top are multi metallic, one bromze, one gold and one silverand they have a very small heel. The other pair are white with a kitten heel with thin straps at an angle and a tiny flower on the side.

My knee tends to hurt the more I do. I exercise it every day but the pain is there 24/7, never stops. I wear a brace when outside in the yard and use a cane when walking for a distance or a length of time. Hate the cane but it gives me support when the pain gets worse.

I love reading thru your notes and am getting excited for you to take your trip! I went on FOS this passed Feb with my DS and we tried taking just carryons and it worked! You can do it! We did use the travel bags that you can roll the air out and that did save room to pack more stuff! We had a carry on and a personal item and we were good to go!

I did find it helpful reading the threads on here about what toiletries were in the cabins. I don't have a cruise status yet on either Carnival nor Royal so suite items and perks are not part of our journey yet. We were initially counting on all toiletries to be in the cabin--soap, disp razor, shampoo, etc...and good thing we didn't rely on that. We filled up our 311 approved containers and were glad we did. Avon makes some neat sheets that have the eyeshadow already on them. You put them over your eyelids and rub it on. Also avon has waterproof mini mascara, and eyeliner minis.

Enjoy your posts! have a great cruise!

I leave in ten days!!! Ive got all my clothes,but nothing more packed. fact,Ive had to UN pack a few things to wear in this blasted heat wave we've had in Tn.

Im excited,but now I feel like Im gonna run out of time and forget something.

I leave in ten days!!! Ive got all my clothes,but nothing more packed. fact,Ive had to UN pack a few things to wear in this blasted heat wave we've had in Tn.

Im excited,but now I feel like Im gonna run out of time and forget something.

Take a deep breath, count to 10 and relax:p You only have 10 days and I have like 20+ Sundays:(

When it comes to travel light I think the ladies have it a bit easier than us men. :)

That said, I have no problem traveling for a week with a carry on, even with a sport coat, dressy slacks and a few pair of my size 11 man-shoes. I think one pair of my slacks equals four of my wife's summer dresses! Not to mention a weeks worth of her panties can fit into my fist. I've found, and I don't know why this is, but if I pack like-items in plastic grocery bags I can fit more into my luggage! Maybe it's the "slippery" effect that lets items nestle together tighter.

T-shirts stacked all in one bag, underwear and socks in another, dressy shirts folded and stacked in another, etc. I pack belts rolled up into my shoes. The bags also make unloading the luggage go a little faster, and I like the idea of everything staying "clean" in its own bag.

Have fun on your trip.

Yes, I have the outfits. One pair are what some would call flip flops - no heel strap, the straps arcross the top are multi metallic, one bromze, one gold and one silverand they have a very small heel. The other pair are white with a kitten heel with thin straps at an angle and a tiny flower on the side.

My knee tends to hurt the more I do. I exercise it every day but the pain is there 24/7, never stops. I wear a brace when outside in the yard and use a cane when walking for a distance or a length of time. Hate the cane but it gives me support when the pain gets worse.

ENJOY your comfy shoes

i remember the BRACE days:(18 months off and on (more on) of rehab after the surgery and wearing the brace..i do HOPE you find RELIEF soon....thoughts are with you as you are going thru this;)...but have a FABULOUS time on your cruise:)

Archived