Yall think I can do my first cruise with nothing but a carryon? its 5 days.

TnMama

I leave in ten days!!! Ive got all my clothes,but nothing more packed. fact,Ive had to UN pack a few things to wear in this blasted heat wave we've had in Tn.

Im excited,but now I feel like Im gonna run out of time and forget something.

COOL for you!!! YOU will have a FABULOUS time...take 5 out and just breathe...you still have plenty of time....make a list of stuff left to do!!

When it comes to travel light I think the ladies have it a bit easier than us men. :)

That said, I have no problem traveling for a week with a carry on, even with a sport coat, dressy slacks and a few pair of my size 11 man-shoes. I think one pair of my slacks equals four of my wife's summer dresses! Not to mention a weeks worth of her panties can fit into my fist. I've found, and I don't know why this is, but if I pack like-items in plastic grocery bags I can fit more into my luggage! Maybe it's the "slippery" effect that lets items nestle together tighter.

T-shirts stacked all in one bag, underwear and socks in another, dressy shirts folded and stacked in another, etc. I pack belts rolled up into my shoes. The bags also make unloading the luggage go a little faster, and I like the idea of everything staying "clean" in its own bag.

Have fun on your trip.

awwwww it easier for the guys:D

i pack for hubby and it takes me like 5 minutes for him!!.....

Thanks Ya'll. Im just "trippin" is all. Ive got to drop of Kid #2 on Sat,then kid #1 on Wed. then Thursday Im all by myself, b/c DH is working, I HOPE to have my house shinning clean before I leave. Better start on that TONIGHT!!! lol. Im looking forward to the kids being away and half a minute with DH before I leave. I wont see him the morning I get on the plane, b/c Ill be on a plane while hes still @ work. I NEED to make a packing list. and since Im carry on, a Walmart list for Jacksonville. Like SUNBLOCK in the large bottle. I thought the time would still be dragging by,but now, tomorrow my count down will say 9 days!!! It feels weird that the time has come! like sur real. its been such a long road to get here. 3 surgeries, a DH pretty much loosing his job{cut his hrs sooo far back!}, a move, a scope, 2 family deaths, its just raining around here.....But Im still smart about saving NOT cking a bag.

Roomie and I were talking today about culling our list. both of our packing list have shrunk,but hers was way shorter than mine. Ive cut mine in about half. Taking that advice on here, "take half your clothes out and take twice as much money!"

Thanks Ya'll. Im just "trippin" is all. Ive got to drop of Kid #2 on Sat,then kid #1 on Wed. then Thursday Im all by myself, b/c DH is working, I HOPE to have my house shinning clean before I leave. Better start on that TONIGHT!!! lol. Im looking forward to the kids being away and half a minute with DH before I leave. I wont see him the morning I get on the plane, b/c Ill be on a plane while hes still @ work. I NEED to make a packing list. and since Im carry on, a Walmart list for Jacksonville. Like SUNBLOCK in the large bottle. I thought the time would still be dragging by,but now, tomorrow my count down will say 9 days!!! It feels weird that the time has come! like sur real. its been such a long road to get here. 3 surgeries, a DH pretty much loosing his job{cut his hrs sooo far back!}, a move, a scope, 2 family deaths, its just raining around here.....But Im still smart about saving NOT cking a bag.

Roomie and I were talking today about culling our list. both of our packing list have shrunk,but hers was way shorter than mine. Ive cut mine in about half. Taking that advice on here, "take half your clothes out and take twice as much money!"

(((HUG))) Sounds you and your family have been dealing with a lot. My prayers are with you all. Dealing with similar circumstances. I hope you enjoy your trip.

You are in much need of this cruise!!! Can't wait to see your posts when you come back! Let your bank or credit card company know that you will be travelling so they don't put a stop on your credit card (happened to me, and it wasn't pretty). I purchased something @ the airport in Providence, RI, landed in Florida and took out cash the same day. Boarded the cruise ship and used my credit card in St. Marten, and hello hello hello fraud alert on my account and off with her head...no more use of the card. Talk about a lesson learned. Good thing I had cash!:D:p

You are in much need of this cruise!!! Can't wait to see your posts when you come back! Let your bank or credit card company know that you will be travelling so they don't put a stop on your credit card (happened to me, and it wasn't pretty). I purchased something @ the airport in Providence, RI, landed in Florida and took out cash the same day. Boarded the cruise ship and used my credit card in St. Marten, and hello hello hello fraud alert on my account and off with her head...no more use of the card. Talk about a lesson learned. Good thing I had cash!:D:p

Thanks for that. Im using Cash only for my stuff. that way DH does not go spending money thats otherwise reserved. I do need a break! Im ready! I had 3 surgeries in 7 months,all tummy related. I do plan on writting a review. It will be over in the Carnival boards gotta come up with a catchy title, but dont know yet...it will come to me. I have a blog I sometimes write in, case you wanna read over there.

http://www.adayinthelifeindixieland.blogspot.com

Thanks for that. Im using Cash only for my stuff. that way DH does not go spending money thats otherwise reserved. I do need a break! Im ready! I had 3 surgeries in 7 months,all tummy related. I do plan on writting a review. It will be over in the Carnival boards gotta come up with a catchy title, but dont know yet...it will come to me. I have a blog I sometimes write in, case you wanna read over there.

http://www.adayinthelifeindixieland.blogspot.com

Sounds like you and I have had the same black cloud. Less then 2 yrs = DH had emergency heart surgery the day he was to have cancer surgery, mom in a nursing home with Alzheimer's came very close to dying because of nursing home not doing their job, I got injured on a business trip, then laid off while still injured, had surgery, DH then lost his job and heart acting up again and after 3 denials I am finally approved for total knee replacment. So I understand looking forward to getting away. Enjoy, Relax and remember God never gives us more then we can handle.

Be very careful taking cash ashore, don't know your ports but showing cash is a spot light on your head. So just watch and carry small bills and not all at once.

Sounds like you and I have had the same black cloud. Less then 2 yrs = DH had emergency heart surgery the day he was to have cancer surgery, mom in a nursing home with Alzheimer's came very close to dying because of nursing home not doing their job, I got injured on a business trip, then laid off while still injured, had surgery, DH then lost his job and heart acting up again and after 3 denials I am finally approved for total knee replacment. So I understand looking forward to getting away. Enjoy, Relax and remember God never gives us more then we can handle.

Be very careful taking cash ashore, don't know your ports but showing cash is a spot light on your head. So just watch and carry small bills and not all at once.

Thanks for the tip on cash, I plan to put it in my bra and not more than 75 with me. in Nassau. we're going to HMC and Nassau,btw. Sounds like you need a vacation too!!! enjoy YOURSELF as well,and youre right about God not giving us more than we can handle. DH and I must be stronger than we thought.Our house is going for auction the day before I get on a plane. But my cruise was paid for long before this foreclosure stuff started.

Can some one reccomend a good Aloe gel for me to buy at Walmart? Since Im just doing the carryon,my bottle of gel here is too big. And Im sun burned NOW,and its really good beauti control stuff and I want something similar. thanks

Sarah

2 days for your trip to begin!!!! Just checking in on the girls! So excited for you to enjoy your cruise!:)

TY!!! Im all packed up in just my carry on,and room in my back pack for my purse and tee's for my kiddos on the return trip. I leave in the am at 6 to head to FL! My suitcase is FULL, but Ive got enough room for my hair dryer!

TY!!! Im all packed up in just my carry on,and room in my back pack for my purse and tee's for my kiddos on the return trip. I leave in the am at 6 to head to FL! My suitcase is FULL, but Ive got enough room for my hair dryer!

One more time...HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME:)

TY SO VERY MUCH Diana!!!!! I will! Im so excited. Im going to bed soon too,so Josh and I can get up at oh dark 30 to leave for the AP. hes taking me,not going with me. But we've had fun the last 2 days sans the kids and just being ourselves. he truly is my best friend and Im gonna miss that DH of mine

Good morning Yall. I MADE it there and home with plenty of clothes and some to spare too. Had all my goos in my Q size bag,and that made it too. I learned a LOT about cruising and made I hope lifelong friends. I did however badly sprain my foot and am now in a robot boot for the next 3-4 weeks from it,oh joy. bad thing is,I sprained it the 2nd night. So lesson learned, BRING YOUR TENNIS Shoes {sneakers,kicks,nike's, whatever you call em}. they would have helped. Ive just woken up,so Im not quite ready to post my reveiw just yet. I missed my DH and kids so bad. the whole no contact thing was bad, but yet,I liked the sea days best. go figure. Ill post more later!

~Sarah

Good morning Yall. I MADE it there and home with plenty of clothes and some to spare too. Had all my goos in my Q size bag,and that made it too. I learned a LOT about cruising and made I hope lifelong friends. I did however badly sprain my foot and am now in a robot boot for the next 3-4 weeks from it,oh joy. bad thing is,I sprained it the 2nd night. So lesson learned, BRING YOUR TENNIS Shoes {sneakers,kicks,nike's, whatever you call em}. they would have helped. Ive just woken up,so Im not quite ready to post my reveiw just yet. I missed my DH and kids so bad. the whole no contact thing was bad, but yet,I liked the sea days best. go figure. Ill post more later!

~Sarah

Hey, glad you had such a great time & are back safe & (more or less) sound.:D Hope you heal up fast & looking forward to your review.

Archived