Anyone had a massage on their cruise?

cjmbcruiser

We are cruising Carnival Legend and I am considering surprising my husband to a couples massage. There is a Lime/Giner Scrub and Massage option or the 'Spa Tester' which is basically a Swedish massage and facial. Anyone have any experiences? Thanks!

We are cruising Carnival Legend and I am considering surprising my husband to a couples massage. There is a Lime/Giner Scrub and Massage option or the 'Spa Tester' which is basically a Swedish massage and facial. Anyone have any experiences? Thanks!

Has your husband ever had a massage and does he like them??

A couple years ago I gave my son a gift certificate for a massage for his birthday(he's an adult). I thought it would be a wonderful gift as I get massages on a regular basis that I really enjoy. He never used it and told me he just didn't like the idea of a stranger touching him.

Anyway that being said, I get a massage every cruise I am on. The ginger/lime scrub I found to be not as relaxing because you have to get up and go take a shower to wash off the scrub and then get the massage part. I feel the shower in the middle kind of takes away the relaxation. I hope this makes sense.

I did the Ginger/Lime scrub with the massage and thought it was AWESOME!

(just goes to show you, different strokes for different folks)

Ginger and Lime are two scents that I adore, and having them at the same time was even better. The spa tech was wonderfully discreet, set up the shower stall with a cloth hanging over the glass door and turned the water on so it would be warm for me, then once he heard me in there, quietly came in and quickly re-made the table with the clean sheets so that once I rinsed off all the scrub, I could have a clean place to lie down and be pampered some more! I had thought that a half-hour massage would only be a tease (I've always spoilt myself with full-hour ones at home) but it was fine. Yeah, more would've been even better, but considering I got the scrub and massage as a special for only $99, it wasn't too hard to "settle" for "only" half an hour.

For a couples massage, I'm wondering if they have a shower for two... could be fun helping each other get all the scrub off ;)

Yes, I have had several massages on the cruise. My fav is the hot stones! All of the massages I have on Carnival are great! If you and your husband have tender skin make sure you tell them because some people like the hard massages.

my honey would not like a massage for the same reason-- strangers touching him.

Anyways= I never paid for a massage on a cruise- I find it very expensive compared to the land ones.

BUT-- the first day they have raffles at 5pm- go to the spa as close to 5pm and fill out your raffle ticket-- (yours will be closer to the top)

they pull many names for many prizes. - last cruise I won the seaweed wrap with full well meaning body massage--sells for 279.00 for 100 minutes-- and i got it for free.

No hard sale pitch either. best massage i ever had in my life. (i can honestly say I also would never paid that price for that massage

I try to get a massage every cruise. I often stick to the specials for $99, but once in a while I will get an hour long or hot stones massage. Like some spas, they charge a higher rate for deep tissue work. Getting an hour or longer deep tissue massage is totally out of my budget on a cruise, but I get these frequently enough through my insurance while at home.

The combined massage or facial specials are a real treat, I've never had a bad experience with getting a hard sales pitch for products so far.

I did the Spa Tester on the Disney Wonder, that was my first ever massage. While I enjoyed the scalp massage and the leg massage, I did not care for all of the oils that they use on the back massage. I can guarantee that I would not like the Lime/Ginger scrub. My recommendation, as a man that does not typically get massages, would be to suggest a leg and/or scalp massage for your husband.

Had a massage on the Pearl.

Great massage if she would have shut up for a while :rolleyes: LOL

all she did was talk and try to sell me stuff.

Probably wouldn't do another cruise massage.

The SPA on the other hand, is a must!!!

Much more relaxing lol

I had a facial once (not on a cruise) and HATED IT. couldn't stand the feeling of someone touching my face *shudder* Just stick to my back and neck please :D

We did a couples massage on RCCL. I just told my DH, if there is something you don't care for, let it be known. He did enjoy it. He wouldn't get a massage by himself, but will do a couples one again. Try it and find out.

Ahhhhh, a massage. One of my favorite things. I have only cruised twice before and each time I did treat myself to a full body massage. Very relaxing and I am looking forward to the same on my upcoming cruise. Our last cruise, my DH and I had a couple massage. That was the first time for him and he really was so surprised how wonderful it was. Just be aware, both times there was a "Sell" to buy their products. First cruise, I didn't buy. Second cruise I did. The 3 bottles of stuff I purchased basically sat in my bathroom until they expired! LOL

For me, the massage is just another piece of the vacation experience.

Archived