New Cruiser needs advice...

easy1969

We sailed on the fantasy out of Mobile this past April. This was our first cruise and we had a great time.

We are planing to go on our second april 2011 We are trying to decide between a 7 day on the legend or 6 day on the dream.

we can spend 7 days on the legend for less $$ than 6 days on the dream.

Is the Dream worth the extra $$ and 1 less day compared to the legend?

I am new to cruisin but based on my 1st trip we will be doing at least 1 a year from here on out any tips/advice will be welcomed

Thanks

I think the Legend is a perfect size and Dream has more complaints about overcrowding ...but the Dream is newer. Is the waterpark and newer worth more to you?? I think Id rather be on the Legend if you havent already ....which ship is more convenient to get to, that would influence me too.

I'm not seeing a 6-day cruise on the Dream. It's probably a 7-day that you're looking at. The Legend holds around the same number of people as the Fantasy, but the Legend is a bigger ship. I didn't find the Dream too overcrowded. I've actually had longer waits in buffet lines on the smaller ships than on the Dream. The Spirit class ships (like the Legend) seem to be the most popular ships. The Dream has so much going on the whole week and so many different options for food and great waterslides. My advice to you would be to do both cruises.

We sailed on the fantasy out of Mobile this past April. This was our first cruise and we had a great time.

We are planing to go on our second april 2011 We are trying to decide between a 7 day on the legend or 6 day on the dream.

I am new to cruisin but based on my 1st trip we will be doing at least 1 a year from here on out any tips/advice will be welcomed

Thanks

I have not sailed either, but my mom has sailed both. She loved the Dream, and the Legend, but I think all in all, the Legend is her favorite ship. So, go for the extra day and less money. I have a sneaky feeling this won't be your last cruise, so the Dream can wait! I say go for the Legend for sure. You won't be sorry. Best of luck! Just remember, you really can't go wrong! But if you have the extra day in time to take, spend it on the ship. A no brainer for me!

I too would recommend "Legend". She's the perfect size, has excellent food and service, fantastic entertainment, sails from the easiest port for embarkation/debarkation in Florida, and costs less money! It's a "no brainer" for me!

"SKY"

I am with the others - what ship is closer to you (requires less travel, meals on the road, maybe hotel overnight etc - raising cost there alone). I have heard about crowds on Dream and waiting in line for everything but I have never been on it. I am all about saving money where I can but I would not let that alone be the deciding factor.

Congrats on booking your second cruise!

After my first cruise in January, I was having a hard time deciding between the Legend and the Glory for a second cruise. Everyone on these boards raves about the Legend, so I figured there must be something special about that ship... I booked it!

I think Legend goes into dry dock in January. If so, you'll have a freshly refurbished ship in April.

Either way, enjoy your second cruise!

Thanks

I have not been on either ship, so I cannot comment on the benefits of one over the other. But if it were me, I would go for the 7 days for less $$ on the Legend. More vacation time!!!

If you really plan on doing at least one per year, then there is plenty of time to try them all~ :D

Welcome to the world of cruise addiction. LOL! ;)

Although I have not been on the Legend, I have sailed on her sister ship the Miracle. These are nice ships, kind of mid sized and well laid out.... "user friendly", so to speak. Since you started out on the smallest size ship that Carnival offers, the Legend will be a step up for you. If you have access to FL ports, you will be able to eventually try every size ship. Why not start with the first step up (Legend), then try a Conquest class (Glory or Freedom), and then move up to the Dream or Magic? That way, you will eventually know which size ship you like best. This is assuming, of course, that itineraries are similar and offer ports that appeal to you.

Thanks for the feedback we are now booked on the legend 4-3-2011 don't know if we can stand to wait til april but that is the only time we can all get away from work/school so I will be counting down the days.

once again thanks for the advice.:)

Surprisingly, no one suggested that ports of call should play a major role in your selection, so I will.

I did! :p

Hey, we're practically neighbors! I live exactly 100 miles from Marshall. I go to Martha Josey's ranch fairly often....have been going there for over 40 years. :eek: Are you familiar with Martha, her DH, and their famous ranch?

I did! :p

Hey, we're practically neighbors! I live exactly 100 miles from Marshall. I go to Martha Josey's ranch fairly often....have been going there for over 40 years. :eek: Are you familiar with Martha, her DH, and their famous ranch?

I'm familiar with the ranch but do not know Martha Josey. You must be a barrel racer.

I'm familiar with the ranch but do not know Martha Josey. You must be a barrel racer.

Yes, I'm a very old barrel racer. LOL! (But not as old as Martha. ;)) The events at the Josey ranch have brought a lot of business to Marshall over the past 40 years or so.

But oops... I think I broke a CC rule by being a thread crasher or whatever they call it when someone goes off topic on a thread. Sorry about that, CC. I just had to introduce myself to someone who lives so near! :o

Let me make it better by saying that Martha and her DH have recently discovered cruising on the Ecstasy. There. I fixed it. :p (And it's true!)

Archived