Back from Alaska with kids on the Navigator and Excursionss

Hello!

Got off the Navigator today and thought I would let people know about kids stuff.

We had kids 12-19, they all went to the kids club. The club was in the card room. The 19 year old was really a bad age for this cruise, but he was happy to hang with the younger teens and no one told him he had to go. We ran into the girls in charge of the kids club today in Seward. They asked us how it went and how they could improve. Basically the teens just played cards, all day and night. But my kids had fun. They liked it more than the Disney Cruise teen club.

If I had a child less than 6, I would not cruise this line. Go to Disney they will be so happy!! (If you can afford it, the Disney Cruise to Alaska is more expensive than Regent).

Excursions:

Crab feast and cruise... the boat ride was pretty lame... the crab was AWESOME! If you like crab... I would do this again even though the boat ride was pretty disappointing.

Tracy's Arm- beautiful, worthwhile, but bring a book or something to do on the way back to Juneau, it is about 2 hours of cruising to Juneau.

Juneau- Whale watch and Mendenhall Glacier hike. The whale watch was AWESOME! We had a great time on this excursion. The hike was pretty silly. It was very short, but the glacier was nice.

Skagway- Zipline and Rock climbing and repelling. This was one of our favorites. Ziplining was fun, not too scary, there is some hiking up hills, so be aware. There was a group after us that a lady was wearing 4 inch heels.. seriously. The Rock climbing was great, these guys were my favorite! AND it was scary!! Challenging!

Sitka- Sea Otter quest. This was good, but not as good as the whale watch in Juneau. The boat was bigger and pretty crowded. We did see the otters, a gray whale, a humpback, a couple deer. I think we were just disappointed in the large group after the smaller whale watch.

My son and Brother in law went Kayaking and said that tour was pretty bad. The guides were poor and they did not see any wildlife.

Thanks for the low down on your adventures. We are doing Tracy Arms - I will bring the book. If my shoulder stays ok, I'm signed up for the rock climbing and repelling. No kids - they are young adults and staying home. I promise not to wear 4 inch heels :) any place except for dinner.

Thanks for your thoughts. Our teens are 14 and 17...

Big on trekking/camping/hiking etc so we are all looking forward to this trip.

Was it particularly crowed on board? Yonger kids/strollers? Older people/scooters?

We have friends who will be getting onboard in the next few weeks with teens as well..

We were in Suite 517- the cheap seats! It is towards the front of the boat so there was no vibration. There was noticeable vibration in the back of the ship but it was not too bad. I don't think I would want a room in the back of the ship though. We had an annoying noise in our suite. It sounded like a pump cycling on and off and then like a water hammer with a bang. It was random and annoying, we called about it and they truly wanted to help, but it was too random and short lived to call anyone down about it.

It was never crowded anywhere. I did not see any strollers but there was one little one on the boat, about 3yrs. There was also a wheelchair near our suite but I never saw that person out and about. I did not see any walkers. There was a nice age spread. Mostly 60's I would say with a splattering above that, and many 40's and 50's too.

I recommend the kids club. Force your kids to do it one night and they will be hooked.

I can't go back to see if there are more questions.

We are home now from 5 extra days touring Alaska on our own. It is a beautiful state!

Thanks for sharing those thoughts.

We are looking forward to it..

pre cruise Denali tour

have great excursions booked for everyday...

a dinner in P7 etc

great trip of a lifetime with 3 gens :cool:

Archived