Carnival Magic Questions Only

ME TOO!!!! Me and my husband and my service dog! SEE YOU SOON:D

We just booked the TA on the Magic too. We have never been on a ship that had someone with a dog. Have you had him on a ship before? How does that work, do they give you a place to walk him?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for trying an all "Magic" thread! My question has to do with dancing-is there any venue or music on the Magic that lends itself to ballroom dancing styles? Have a group that is interested, but am not sure what the options are. Any info you have would be great. Thanks.

Thanks for trying an all "Magic" thread! My question has to do with dancing-is there any venue or music on the Magic that lends itself to ballroom dancing styles? Have a group that is interested, but am not sure what the options are. Any info you have would be great. Thanks.

The only times Iv seen bands play music that would lend itself to that type of dancing are at the past guest party and farewell party where the regular theater stage band plays. The two man combos on Carnival dont really play ballroom dancing music.

Not many. There used to be some dancing in the supper clubs when they were supper clubs.

You might get a dance or two in at the past guest party or the farewell party, but not many, and even though people are touching, they probably aren't going to be doing a fox trot or waltz or even a tango.

Probably better to bring your own music and (small) sound system (Ipod with speakers) and try to arrange a private afternoon party on the ship.

Past Guest example

DSC_2177.JPG

We booked a large balcony cabin for 9/23/2012. Anyone have any info on room/balcony layout or pics??

Happy cruzin! :)

Karen

If you gave a little more info, maybe someone could help. Is it the L shaped balconys, that the balcony is longer? a extended balcony that is double deep, or a 9A superior balcony that is a aft wrap?

Im on the cruise right after yours.. you will be getting off when I get on Magic :D

ME TOO!!!! Me and my husband and my service dog! SEE YOU SOON:D

Are you doing the Oct 16th sailing too? I was on the Dream with you and will miss Valentine. That was such a great itinerary with Bermuda and New York. I had planned to do the TA but with the new solo pricing have jumped ship to the Voyager TA instead. Ends in New Orleans. Managed to get the 150% solo pricing on the Oct 16th sailing before the change.

If you gave a little more info, maybe someone could help. Is it the L shaped balconys, that the balcony is longer? a extended balcony that is double deep, or a 9A superior balcony that is a aft wrap?

Im on the cruise right after yours.. you will be getting off when I get on Magic :D

9A's are now 9C's :D

It is an 8A right before the L shaped balcony cabins (ours is 6460). They don't appear to be any wider, just longer.

We are booked on the Dec 4th 2011 cruise in one of the new Deluxe OV rooms. I was wondering if anyone has been in these rooms and what is the major difference vs a regular OV room. Any pics of the room?:o

the difference is the split bath and you are allowed to have 5 in those cabins only.

Carnival_Dream_Family_Quint_3018.jpg.6cb5ef57b89c7d6fa25857301bb58176.jpg

Just got booked for the 12/11/11 Magic - can't wait. So glad that you can finally have 5 people in a room. That has always been hard travelling for our family. So excited. Acutally has a bathtub????? Anyone been in one of these cabins - Deluxe Ocean View? Thanks for the picture right before this post. Any other pics would be appreciated!

Not many. There used to be some dancing in the supper clubs when they were supper clubs.

You might get a dance or two in at the past guest party or the farewell party, but not many, and even though people are touching, they probably aren't going to be doing a fox trot or waltz or even a tango.

Probably better to bring your own music and (small) sound system (Ipod with speakers) and try to arrange a private afternoon party on the ship.

Past Guest example

DSC_2177.JPG

Thanks for the info on the dancing situation. I will advise the group.

Have cabin 6207 on TA. If anyone has this cabin or handicap cabin 6208 prior to TA please post a review.

Is the bridge overhang bothersome? Is it easy for wheelchairs? Does the shower in 6207 have a fold down seat? Sofa, chair? Noise and view?

I see on the sister ship Dream that the balcony of 6207 has a solid steel panel instead of glass making it an obstructed view balcony. It seems that on the Magic this has been modified but by how much?

thanks in advance

Duane

The only showers with the fold down seats in the shower are the HC cabins. We did a HC cabin once (assigned) and it was really nice to have it as my sister is borderline needing a HC cabin.

I'm sorry, I did not make myself clear. These cabins are the forward balcony cabins on deck six of the Magic on the starboard and port sides.

While the description for 6208 mentions roll in shower and fold down seat the description for 6207 does not. Even though it probably not a "roll in" shower because of a lip I was hoping it still had a shower seat. They are both wheel chair access cabins.

thanks

My cabin had a lip at the door, was a lower class ship, but it still had the fold down chair.

There are 3 types of HC cabins and from what Iv been told all 3 have the fold down shower.

Just a side note, but you can get a shower chair and order it ahead of time, which my PVP did .. what I was thinking is on the very small chance no fold down chair (I really think it will have it), you can ask your cabin steward to get a plastic one for you. The ones on conquest class are better than the ones on Fantasy class, so Im betting if you ask for one it will be at least as good as the ones on Conquest... so dont worry.

We only once got a HC cabin (from a gty), we just were getting a regular cabin and ordering a shower chair. My sister isnt in a wheelchair so she doesnt really qualify for one and could get bumped, though she has mobility issues.

Edited by firefly333

Have cabin 6207 on TA. If anyone has this cabin or handicap cabin 6208 prior to TA please post a review.

Is the bridge overhang bothersome? Is it easy for wheelchairs? Does the shower in 6207 have a fold down seat? Sofa, chair? Noise and view?

I see on the sister ship Dream that the balcony of 6207 has a solid steel panel instead of glass making it an obstructed view balcony. It seems that on the Magic this has been modified but by how much?

thanks in advance

Duane

Hi Duane. A link to my review is attached in my signature below. If you go to post # 219 on page 11 there are some pictures of cabin 6208. We were not staying in that cabin but others members of our group were. I can confirm they had a motorized scooter and had lots of room to move around, there was no lip on the shower (and being the inaugural they had forgot to take the plugs out of the shower drain which led to some flooding in their room so at that point they wish they had a lip :D), there was a fold down seat in the shower (as per the pics) and there is no sofa in the room. I did not get out on the balcony for view, etc but again there was no lip from the room going onto the balcony. They had no complaints about noise, in fact it was very quiet and just outside this door if you go further forward you have an entire front deck entirely to yourself (well we had a few impromptu parties there for our group of 12 throughout the inaugural cruise and no one else ever came out on that deck while we were there). If you have any other questions I will try to answer but I was only in that room visiting for a very short period of time.

Thanks Cruisinskier

Yes I remember your review with all the fantastic pictures. I don't know how I missed the photos of room 6208. Room 6207 should be a similar layout. A sofa would not be required but a padded chair with a back would be nice. If not I guess I could bring in a chair from the balcony.

Thanks again, your review was great

Duane