I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

I love this thread and check it every day. You are all so talented.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. DH and I will spend turkey day flying from Seattle to Ft. Lauderdale to start our S. Carib cruise. Woohoo!!

I love this thread and check it every day. You are all so talented.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. DH and I will spend turkey day flying from Seattle to Ft. Lauderdale to start our S. Carib cruise. Woohoo!!

Hope you have a great cruise!! :)

Boeckli,

You must be near Perth? Someone in our roll call posted a link to the Perth newspaper with articles on the brush fires. We've been having some here in Texas (not near where we live, thank goodness) so I know how bad that kind of fire can be. Hope it doesn't come near you.

Thanks for your concern, sparky-elpaso.

We are on the South Coast of Western Australia (around 250 miles from Perth). The serious fire the article you mentioned refers to, was on the South-Western tip of the state - 160-odd miles SSW of Perth and around 200 miles from us. 32 houses and nine chalets were lost in that fire with several more damaged - fortunately no lives lost.

The smoke in my photo came from one of two bush-fires on either side of our small town - each within less than 15 miles from us and with 95F, windy conditions and an emergency warning for one of them, the day was less than comfortable. :eek:

Almost done with Christmas shopping/manufacturing.

Wonderful Wife suggested advent calendars for the Granddaughters...I was dumb enough to think it was a great idea.

Here they are (176 individual pieces each), complete with candy treats in the little drawers:

p559270452-4.jpg

p841541934-2.jpgp727914461-2.jpg

p634206273-2.jpgp617852682-2.jpgp763810785-2.jpg

Short slideshow of the project here: http://galleries.pptphoto.com/advent/slideshow

Dave

I have been experimenting with "light painting," and have found it quite addictive. A great way to spend an evening. I need to set up some more exotic still life settings.

original.jpg

Larry

Love this shot, i think you did a great job with the light. Please do share some more still life.

[

You are an amazing artist!!!!! In soooo many ways !

What a special gift for your grand kids!

QUOTE=pierces;31481358]Almost done with Christmas

shopping/manufacturing.

Wonderful Wife suggested advent calendars for the Granddaughters...I was dumb enough to think it was a great idea.

Here they are (176 individual pieces each), complete with candy treats in the little drawers:

p559270452-4.jpg

p841541934-2.jpgp727914461-2.jpg

p634206273-2.jpgp617852682-2.jpgp763810785-2.jpg

Short slideshow of the project here: http://galleries.pptphoto.com/advent/slideshow

Dave