Help me decide - Explorer or Oasis

My husband and I already have our Summer 2011 cruise booked. We have a B2B on the Explorer booked for a total of 14 days. It leaves practically out of our backyard, so no flying necessary. Since we booked, we've been tossing around the Oasis instead of the Explorer. We can't do both due to my husband getting limited time off from work. The Oasis would be only 7 days, versus the 14 on the Explorer, but would also be roughly $2000 cheaper. However, we'd have to drive from NY to Florida, because we don't fly. There are pros and cons of each - we already did the Explorer, and we're dying to try the Oasis. It's less days on board, but it's also a new ship to us and half the price.

I know it's ultimately up to us, and what we decide, but I just wanted some input.

Also, as far as the ports of call, the Oasis itinerary would be all new to us, versus the Explorer in which we've visited all the ports of call already (numerous times).

Given that you've already sailed on Explorer, the Oasis would be my choice if I were you. :) There is just nothing like sailing on Oasis, it's a unique cruising experience. With new port for you too, I say take the extra time to drive to Florida and go on Oasis...you won't be sorry.

I sure would hate the thought of all that driving...that's no way to spend a vacation! plus, the added expense of gas, bad meals on the road, hotels.....nope...I'd rather cruise from a port closer to home, if flying isn't an option!

Why don't you fly?

Just a horrible horrible fear that I have for as long as I could remember. I flew in 2001 for the first time, and then a couple of times after (2003 then 2004), and wouldn't do it again. I got through it, and didn't even have a bad experience, but just swore I'd never step foot on a plane again. :confused:

I sure would hate the thought of all that driving...that's no way to spend a vacation! plus, the added expense of gas, bad meals on the road, hotels.....nope...I'd rather cruise from a port closer to home, if flying isn't an option!

This is what stopped me from booking it originally. But, my husband has a 2 week vacation anyway, so we can take our time and stop in some states we always wanted to see and not think of it as a commute, but more of a road trip/extended vacation.

I'm almost 100% convinced on switching to Oasis, but I now have the job of convincing the DH :cool:

Just a horrible horrible fear that I have for as long as I could remember. I flew in 2001 for the first time, and then a couple of times after (2003 then 2004), and wouldn't do it again. I got through it, and didn't even have a bad experience, but just swore I'd never step foot on a plane again. :confused:

Oh wow..... Benydryl??!

Well, we reached a compromise. Since the 2nd leg of our B2B on the Explorer cost the same as the Oasis - we kept the 5 day on Explorer, and booked the Oasis in place of the 9 day on Explorer.

Glad you figured it out! Doing both....good choice. :D I bet you'll love Oasis. :)

Given that you've already sailed on Explorer, the Oasis would be my choice if I were you. :) There is just nothing like sailing on Oasis, it's a unique cruising experience. With new port for you too, I say take the extra time to drive to Florida and go on Oasis...you won't be sorry.

Alphakitty, #1, go on the Oasis. #2, I LOVE the pic of your Minnie. And I'm so sorry for your loss. We had one who looked just like her, our beloved Miss Kitty, who we buried a few years ago. I miss her so much. So thank you for the pic of your precious. And enjoy whichever cruise you decide on!!:)

Archived