Bigger vs Better

PROCRUISE

I would love longer cruises with "New" ports... we keep booking W. Car. because dates and price match what we are looking for.

I have no desire to bowl, rock climb, ice skate either...

I love the size of the cabins on Carnival but what would make it even better is if they would change the decor so that it doesnt feel like deja vu each time you enter your cabin on a new sailing. Why orange? Why not use some of the colors of the sea, maybe Blue or Turquoise? They could even change the color by ship or deck level???

Does anyone else think that the Epic looks like a container ship??? Except for the top part, there isn't any open deck space, i.e. promenade deck. I enjoy cruising because of the time at sea and looking out. With these new mega ships and everything looking in, you might just as well stay in a land based hotel.

Four sea days on a 9 day cruise would be awesome and i would like to stay in certain ports overnight if they could ever pull that off!

I too would love to stay "overnight" in port. It would be nice to be able to stay in port as long as you liked without the fear of "missing" the boat!

Does anyone else think that the Epic looks like a container ship??? Except for the top part, there isn't any open deck space, i.e. promenade deck. I enjoy cruising because of the time at sea and looking out. With these new mega ships and everything looking in, you might just as well stay in a land based hotel.

That is a good description of the Epic. I am not a fan of NCL but new ships are always of interest. I would like to sail on the Oasis or the Allure from the pictures and reviews I have read I think I would like them. Not the Epic. The few reviews so far don't make it appealing, the wave balcony cabins sound terrible, no real bathroom, the sink in the cabin, water on the floor from the shower and the toilet behind a frosted door. One review did say the lifeboats blocked the view when lounging on the deck chairs.

When I looked at the Oasis with the interior balconies I invisioned BBQ grills on them just like an apt complex... If I am paying for a balcony I wanna see the sea:D

My home port is Long Beach, and have managed to reach Platinum status thanks to the weekend cruises to Ensenada. The weekend cruises were fine when I liked partying all night. Now that I'm in my later 30s, partying is no longer a priority. With that said, Mexico is our only choice for a destination out of the Long Beach port (same with San Diego). Like many others, I have a limited budget when it comes to cruising and don't like to spend money on airfare. I'm sure I'm speaking for many other So Cal residents, can Carnival give us another choice for a destination? I was lucky enough to be able to go to Astoria, Victoria, and Vancouver last year during the Swine Flu re-route. This would be a FANTASTIC itinerary addition. I bleed Carnival red, white, and blue through and through, so please let us Long Beach cruisers have some more fun on a different itinerary! After all of my rambling, my vote would be for better options for itineraries out of Long Beach.

Just read some of the initial reviews of the NCL Epic. Seems most liked the additional activities and eating venues but not much good said about the cabin size, bathroom set up and balconies.

Makes me wonder what is most important to loyal CCL passengers. We don't want any bigger ships and probably don't really need circus tents and bowling alleys. Just give us really nice cabins/balconies, the same great food and service, along with some varied itineraries and some 10 day cruises and we'll be happy. How about the rest of you?

What's wrong with great food and service coupled with more activities and more dining options? Are you forgetting that Carnival started small, went to 30,000-40,000 tons and then onto 70,000 tons and then 100,000+? Bigger can be better

Hey Mach....What's up buddy????

I have mentioned it more than once that Carnival should try taking the ships that do the 4-5-5 night ships like the Fantasy, Ecstasy, Elation, Destiny and so on and do this.

Four times a year run an itinerary that does a 10 and 11 night cruise. That would be 44 days of the year. I'll bet y'all in Texas would love it. I know I would love to hop on the Inspiration out of Tampa and maybe do Coz, Costa Maya, Costa Rica, Panama Canal and Columbia....Or what ever...

Just think of an 11 night cruise from Galveston that went to Antigua and Tortola....

I did an 11 nighter out of Tampa on a Celebrity ship that did a Southern Caribbean and it was great. Also a 10 nighter on HAL.

It is time to start lobbying for these.

I'd bet real money they'd fill these cruises fast.....

I think the gurus at Carnival are missing the boat on this one.....;)

The average vacationier only has 7 days to spend away from their job and Carnival sure caters to average

Archived