The Cheeseburger in Paradise EPIPHANY

cruiser-007

Alright, so alot of us have had an experience on a cruise that caused a feeling of fulfillment and complete happiness. From that point on your decision making when planning a vacation always puts cruising on the menu. The following is my own experience that turned me to cruising probably for good:

It was early June 2007, we embarked on our very first cruise aboard the Norwegian Dawn out of N.Y. That week we sailed to Bermuda and the Bahamas for 7 days. While anchored at The Great Stirrup Cay and tendered to Norwegian's private beach paradise I sat down to have the catered lunch provided by NCL. You guessed it! I had a cheeseburger, but I then got goosebumps and a complete feeling of happiness with my family. A sudden realization (epiphany) that made Jimmy Buffet's song make sense. From that point on I was pretty sure I was hooked on this kind of vacation. We've sailed RCCL's Explorer of the Seas since then and are definitely cruising in 2011 maybe back on the EOS. I don't know how my brain works or why this event was so important but it brings me happiness in dark times.

What is your experience that caused an "epiphany" that hooked you on cruising?:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I understand completely as I was at Great Stirrup Cay around 1980 something on the Norway, twice in five years! My conumdrum however is the epiphany I had on my second cross country motorcycle ride by myself. A perfect morning in Utah, in the Zone and Rocket man, Elton John comes on the stereo.... Tears... no kidding! So now it is always between a cross country ride (5 of last 6 years) and a cruise, one last year and one next year (two week to Hawaii from LA.

I understand completely as I was at Great Stirrup Cay around 1980 something on the Norway, twice in five years! My conumdrum however is the epiphany I had on my second cross country motorcycle ride by myself. A perfect morning in Utah, in the Zone and Rocket man, Elton John comes on the stereo.... Tears... no kidding! So now it is always between a cross country ride (5 of last 6 years) and a cruise, one last year and one next year (two week to Hawaii from LA.

Hey VegasBill, tears----yikes!! That's a great "life realization" you experienced on your bike. I've always dreamed of doing that but I haven't been on a motorcycle since I was a teenager :(, now I'm 36 :eek:. But hey!, there's still plenty of years to go right?

Actually, I generally don't like cheeseburgers, but one day, that's all the ship had out...it was DELICIOUS! Yes--it was an RCI ship! Ymmmm!

Hey CB at sea!, a cheeseburger in paradise is never a bad thing even if you don't like them, but surely there's something that makes you keep cruising...?:D

Archived