Volendam Alaska 2010?

LA Native

Hi everyone, there is only one review and very little discussion of the Volendam this Alaska season.

Anyone just back who would share their thoughts?

In particular, I'm trying to figure out when to schedule Pinnacle Grill dinner.

From other posts, it appears night of Master Chef's Dinner might be a good evening to do this. Which night was it? Last night?

any other suggestions?

We sail July 7.

Many thanks!

hello we sail on the volendam on sept 1 this cruise is incorporated in a 30 day canadian bus train cruise tour,we have not been given an itinerary or any info on what happens on board the cruise so am intrigued by your question,what is the master chef night?

In particular, I'm trying to figure out when to schedule Pinnacle Grill dinner.

If you don't find out before you board, here's a suggestion:

When you first board the ship, go directly to the Pinnacle Grill. Ask the Maitre d' when the Master Chef's Dinner will be held, and tell him you want a Pinnacle reservtion for that night.

He will know when the MCD is scheduled, and there's an excellent chance that you can be booked.

hello we sail on the volendam on sept 1 this cruise is incorporated in a 30 day canadian bus train cruise tour,we have not been given an itinerary or any info on what happens on board the cruise so am intrigued by your question,what is the master chef night?

We sail on June 30th. So we can update you late July with Volendum questions. Master chef night is a dinner that the waiters in dining room sing and dance alot. People feel that it is more like the Carnival cruise line that the HAL line. Many people complain that the food is not as good.

Really will be interested in your 30 day Canadian Bus Trip. Are you coming to Niagara Falls We live close to the falls and have lots of info should you need it. We also have Aussie friends who will be trying to get the most out of their 30 trip to Western Canada and Alaska next year.

Sue

If you don't find out before you board, here's a suggestion:

When you first board the ship, go directly to the Pinnacle Grill. Ask the Maitre d' when the Master Chef's Dinner will be held, and tell him you want a Pinnacle reservtion for that night.

He will know when the MCD is scheduled, and there's an excellent chance that you can be booked.

I thought about this...but then I thought...first cruise...and with kids, THEY would probably enjoy it. Figure we need to experience this at least once....so we have something to talk about with you all here too :p

well i am really interested in the master chef dinner,sounds great,and yes we do go to niagra falls after the cruise we fly to toronto and go down to the falls ,i am not sure i want to go the maid of the mist though,is it rough or a bit scary?

,i am not sure i want to go the maid of the mist though,is it rough or a bit scary?

It's fun! Not rough, nor scary. You'll get a plastic raincoat to keep you dry, and get to go behind the Falls. You'll have a blast.

Do it!

Archived