Booking 2 cabins for 5 people

sunrise&set

I've booked 2 cabins for 5 people before, but wondering if I can do this. In the past, DH and I have been in a balcony with the 3 older kids across the hall in an interior. Then, we've travelled with our youngest (ages 13 months for 1st cruise and 23 months for 2nd) with him in the room with us and 2 kids in another room (teens at the time). Now, we are travelling again and it will be DH, myself, my 17 yo DD and a friend and our DS who will be 4. The rates for 3rd person are different depending on type of cabin so would be cheaper if we booked him in the interior cabin with the 2 girls. Would we be able to book it this way but have him sleep in our cabin on the sofa? Technically, our room would likely only be for 2 adults, but he'd fit just fine on the sofa. And it wouldn't affect total # on the ship because the girls would end up being in a triple anyway.

What do you all think??

Agree with above-- we have an upcoming cruise booked that are sleeping arrangements will be much different than what we booked. Previously we have booked each of our family members in separate cabins in order to get Past passenger discounts for grandparents, sister, etc.

The only issue you might have is depending on which cruise line you are using and the age requirement the 17yo's have to be in order to book the cabin for them. You might have to book you & DH in each cabin and split the kids up-- we always book the 2 & 3 in the cheapest method possible-- ie if 3rd person is cheaper in the lower category-- than put them there-- but this is also due to us having toddlers & using pak n plays-- if they actually need a bed- obviously make sure you are booking the appropriate cabins that have pull down beds, etc

It's on Carnival and we've always booked 1 adult in each room - forgot to mention that - thanks!! I can't believe I haven't thought of doing this before - duh! But the 1st cruise on NCL when he was 13 months - he was "free" meaning we only had to pay port charges/taxes for him. I haven't looked back on our last trip with him to see if it would have been cheaper. DH will be happy to save a little $!

Agree with above-- we have an upcoming cruise booked that are sleeping arrangements will be much different than what we booked. Previously we have booked each of our family members in separate cabins in order to get Past passenger discounts for grandparents, sister, etc.

The only issue you might have is depending on which cruise line you are using and the age requirement the 17yo's have to be in order to book the cabin for them. You might have to book you & DH in each cabin and split the kids up-- we always book the 2 & 3 in the cheapest method possible-- ie if 3rd person is cheaper in the lower category-- than put them there-- but this is also due to us having toddlers & using pak n plays-- if they actually need a bed- obviously make sure you are booking the appropriate cabins that have pull down beds, etc

Archived