Taxi in Juneau from Tempsco to Mendenall Visitor Center

runner5

We are taking the helicopter with guided walk with Tempso beginning of August. I asked Tempso if they would drop us off at the Mendenal Visitor Center instead of the pier when we are done, they hesitated. They said the visitor center is about 10 minutes in the opposite direction of the dock, I asked if there was a city bus they suggested a taxi but not a specific company. To me it makes for sense to go directly from the helicopter to visitor center, but can someone reccomend a taxi company or am I crazy for thinking this.

If they will drop you off downtown you can take a bus but it drops you off 1 1/2 miles to the Mendenhall Visitor Center. If you don't mind the walk.

http://www.juneau.org/capitaltransit/index.php

MGT offers a round trip shuttle for $14. i believe it leaves from the pier.

http://mightygreattrips.com/se_alaska_shore_excursions.htm

Last year on Trip Advisor someone reported that it was $30 each way by taxi, so for 4 of them the taxi was a good option.

Thanks for the info. I am looking to take a taxi from the airport since I was told it is only 10 minutes from the visitor center and then the shuttle back to town. I thought maybe I avoid wasting time going back to town then to visitor center but was wondering if one cab company is better than another.

For clarification it is TEMSCO, initials.

contact a cab company and get this information direct listings http://www.traveljuneau.com

going direct between TEMSCO and Mendenhall will save you at least a potential "wasted" hour+ in transit time, if you go back and forth downtown, using their return downtown shuttle, then going back out with the Mendenhall glacier shuttle buses. From your cost comparisms, take off $7pp.

THANK YOU!!! That was the info I was looking for. I have called Juneau Taxi and will probably use them. They also offer an hour tour for $55 that we may do before we get to Mendenhal Visitor Center. Thank you again!

THANK YOU!!! That was the info I was looking for. I have called Juneau Taxi and will probably use them. They also offer an hour tour for $55 that we may do before we get to Mendenhal Visitor Center. Thank you again!

ANOTHER IDEA: you can rent a car for less than that from Rent A Wreck. They pick you up and later will return you to the pier. They are NOT wrecks. We always do this when in Juneau.:)

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I called to check rental car rates, it is 57.50 for a midsize car, it is cheeper than putting 5 people on the shuttle and gives much for freedom. It is only .6 mile from the dock. Thank you for all your help!

GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO GET A RENTAL CAR!! You can get to many places and if you're into them, the Museum there is fantastic. You really can't get lost..................Juneau's pretty blocked in between the mtns. and the sea.;)

Archived