Oasis or Dream?

gsb

Oasis or Dream?

Same date, similar itinerary--We can get the Oasis for about $600 more than the Dream--Balcony on Oasis overlloking Central Park vs. regular balcony on the Dream. I've figured in all disounts, OBC, etc. in getting to the $600 figure. We are diamond RCL and Platinum CCL.--the diamond club on the Oasis is a big plus.

What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.:confused:

gsb

Mermoz 7/85-Baltic, Tropicale 3/94-So. Carib

Holiday4/95-So. Carib, Monarch 3/97-So.Carib

Inspiration 3/98 So. Carib,Fascination 3/99 So.Carib

Inspiration 12/99 So.Carib,Elation 3/00- Mex. Riviera

Destiny 3/01 So.Carib, Grandeur 6/01 Med-Gr Isles

Destiny 12/23/01 So.Car, Triumph 03/09/02 W.Carib

Legend 01/05/03 Ex.Carib,Radiance 03/08/03 So.Carib

Glory 01/03/04 W.Carib, Legend 03/28/04 So.Carib

Victory 09/18/04 NE/Canada Spirit 01/04/05 Mexico

Adventure of the Seas 03/27/05 So.Carib.,

Liberty 09/18/05-Med/Eur

12/10/05 Pride of America--ALOHA!

05/19/06 Liberty#2-Med/Eur

Adventure of the Seas #2! 11/5/06 So.Carib

Diamond Princess 2/24/07 Mex

Jewel of the Seas 9/10/07 Baltic

Conquest 11-4-07 W. Cariib

Crown Princess 04-12-08 S. Carib

Carnival Splendor 07-25-08 Baltic

Navigator of the Seas-09-29-08-Med

Independence of the Sea 03-01-09 W. Carib

Liberty #3 02-06-2010 Eastern Carib.

Mariner of the Seas 04-25-10 Mexico

Been on the Oasis and this ship is spectacular....the ship in itself is a "destination" and in my eyes, RCI has raised the bar when it comes to cruising......The Dream on the other hand is an overcrowded (based on many reviews here by CC members and comments by our clients) typical CCL ship with nothing "innovative" to bring to the table as the Oasis provides (unless you consider those cove balcony staterooms a real draw on the Dream). Some will say they will NEVER sail on a ship with as many passengers as the Oasis, but in acuality, despite the masses of passengers... RCI has the passenger "flow" working very well and with all there is to do on this ship, I rarely had to worry about crowds.

Haven't been on the Dream, but I can say that the Oasis does not have the feel of 6000 people on the ship (I confirmed 6130 on our voyage). There seems to be lots more to do on Oasis. How much is the difference between CP view and OV balcony on Oasis? If OV is important to you, I'd pay the difference for Oasis or stick with Dream. Our girls had a CP View Balcony and I am not sure it was worth it. There is not much activity down there and they could never tell whether we had arrived at or left port or not.

Keep in mind that the Central Park Balconies give everyone on the ship a good view of you when you are sitting on the balcony. If you scratch your butt, you can expect a video to show up on You-Tube before you are off the ship! :D

DSCN0264.jpg

DSCN9479.jpg

I have never been on the Dream but the Oasis is Excellent!

I suggest that you pay the extra money for an outside balcony on the Oasis.

You will be glad you did!

• 7 months later...

I have been both on the Oasis (2 times) and the Dream Hands down I would go for the Oasis. The ship and staff are wonderful. On the Dream I wasn't so happy with the waitstaff and the overall attitude.

On the down side of the central park balcony-It gts extremely hot. The sun glares down and really doesn't cool off until evening. I would go with an outside cabin.

I have sailed on the Oasis. We had two cabins, ocean balcony and boardwalk balcony aft. My advice would be to go with either of these choices, rather than Central Park. The boardwalk balconies are less private, but you can see the Aqua Theater and out the stern of the ship. When you are in Central Park there is no feeling whatsoever of being on a ship and isn't that the whole purpose of cruising?

I have been both on the Oasis (2 times) and the Dream Hands down I would go for the Oasis. The ship and staff are wonderful. On the Dream I wasn't so happy with the waitstaff and the overall attitude.

On the down side of the central park balcony-It gts extremely hot. The sun glares down and really doesn't cool off until evening. I would go with an outside cabin.

I totally agree with this quote!!! Been on both.Had outside balcony and loved it!!!

Been on both. Not even a close call. This one is a no brainer. Book Oasis. you will not be disappointed. However if you book Dream, you WILL be disappointed.

When I first read your post I thought surely you were comparing Disney Dream. You can't even begin to compare Carnival Dream. And I like Carnival cruises.

Here are some comparisons:

Look of the ship

Oasis : Knock your socks off !!

Dream: Ugly. Red and Gold everywhere and tacky. No atruim, no wow factor

Food:

Oasis: MDR,sometimes good sometimes not, Windjammer very good, and lots and lots of other options

Dream: Eww. MDR some was inedible. Buffet area was so crowded. It is set up horribly and there is never a time that you can zip through. One night I had cheese fries for dinner because MDR so so bad and buffet was closed. Weird food hours and I'm serious, it was bad. And the wait staff in the MDR was the worst I have ever experienced on any cruise ship.

Pool Deck:

Oasis: outstanding. Lots of seating, plenty of areas to curl up, lots of hot tubs and plenty of swimming area. No water slides, but they have flow riders and a zip line.

Dream: Tiny pool way too small for that size ship. Hard to get a chair too. But the water slides are a lot of fun. I don't know why RCCL didn't do that. They thought of everything on Oasis except that!

Cabins:

Oasis: Typicall cruise ship cabins but no drawers. I found that odd. But it was comfy

Dream: A little bigger, however, I could hear everything going on in the cabins on either side of me. The doors creaked all night long too. I think they made the walls out of rice paper.

Entertainment

Oasis: So much to do and all entertainment was top notch. Broadway show, aqua show, ice show, headliners, typical game shows, deck party, etc. There are strolling entertainers, free face painting, balloon animals, etc.

Carnival: This is the ONE and ONLY thing I really liked about this ship. Even though the food was horrible, the staff was unprofessional, the buffet was overcrowded, the pool was too small,the cabin was noisy, some areas smelled REALLY bad, and the ship was ugly.... we still had some fun. The comedians changed their show half way through the cruise and had 2 different shows each, so you could see them 4 times without repeating the same show. The main theater had 1 good show, the rest just okay. But there was always a bunch of activities going on. The entertainment staff did a good job. That said, Oasis was much more professional and diverse. The aqua show is amazing !

Price/Value

You get what you pay for. Personally I would always rather spend more money for Oasis. If I was on a very tight budget and I couldn't afford Oasis, I still probably wouldn't choose Dream. I'd rather sail NCL Pearl again, or find a 5 night Liberty of the Seas cruise or something. But for a 600.00 dollar difference, OMG no question OASIS !

YOU MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE. HAPPY SAILS

As SeaUs indicated ... this question (and thread) has been resurrected from June and has already been decided and sailed.

Why would you even waste your time posting that? Why are you monitoring who continued to post? Comparisons help other people.

Archived