Never too old!

Musicus

Hi Patty,

to day i received a fancy card from Therea Ludwig, which was mailed on February 3!!! Please thank her for me, also a card received some days ago from Sanders (Dart.Ma). I would be grateful if you would publish my address again:

Egon Landsberg

Marina Point # 451

225 Oak St.

North Bay, ON P1B 0A9

and my email: 44egon44@gmail.com

Many thanks!

Love- Egon

Thanks for posting Egon's address again. It was a good reminder for me to send him a "Just Because" card.

• 2 weeks later...
I have made my decision! I'm going on my first TA with Royal the end of April for 14 nights. It turned out cheaper than going to Iceland. Also, my cruising buddy is on the ship, which will be lots of fun.:D

GOOD FOR YOU. TA is on my cruise bucket list. But as you can see by my future cruise list it won't happen for the next couple of years. ENJOY it (like I need to tell you that)

GOOD FOR YOU. TA is on my cruise bucket list. But as you can see by my future cruise list it won't happen for the next couple of years. ENJOY it (like I need to tell you that)

Thanks Joyce! Looks like you'll be mighty busy cruising yourself. I am so looking forward to this cruise. Wish another former friend would sign up for it, but I doubt it, but that's okay.

I have made my decision! I'm going on my first TA with Royal the end of April for 14 nights. It turned out cheaper than going to Iceland. Also, my cruising buddy is on the ship, which will be lots of fun.:D

Pat - 14 days sounds great. Plenty of time to relax and really enjoy the cruise.

Wahoo!! That's Awesome yellowbird. A transatlantic cruise is on my list one of these years. You'll have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Pat - 14 days sounds great. Plenty of time to relax and really enjoy the cruise.

It will be my longest cruise yet. Have to find something to do (or not do) for the sea days. Hopefully, they will have trivia and some good shows. I truly enjoy this ship. This will be my third time on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to Egon's son, Steve, on Facebook wondering where Egon disappeared to for the past few days. This is his reply:

Hi Pat, it has been a very difficult nine days... Dad became much weaker

also with pain prior to previous weekend - emerge ... - doctors - nurses - mobility details... presently stable (with various meds) but still weak and primarily bed confined. Fortunately I now have quite a few more

professionals involved, including ParaMed and HomeCare. Hoping that he will

be able to get back to the computer this week. Thanks ~ Steve

I think it's time for a card brigade again, don't you all?

I talked to Egon's son, Steve, on Facebook wondering where Egon disappeared to for the past few days. This is his reply:

Hi Pat, it has been a very difficult nine days... Dad became much weaker

also with pain prior to previous weekend - emerge ... - doctors - nurses - mobility details... presently stable (with various meds) but still weak and primarily bed confined. Fortunately I now have quite a few more

professionals involved, including ParaMed and HomeCare. Hoping that he will

be able to get back to the computer this week. Thanks ~ Steve

I think it's time for a card brigade again, don't you all?

Hi Pat,

Thanks for keeping us informed about the news, although it is not what we were hoping to hear. PLEASE post Egon's address once again -- I have mislaid it since sending the birthday card and would like to get another greeting off to him. THANKS!

I received the following e-mail from Steve, Egon's son. I think Egon could use lots of prayers, as well as Steve.

Hello to all, this is Steve writing, Egon's son, on my father's gmail.

Sollten Sie umsetzen brauchen, bitte Google Tranlator benuetzen.

This is to update you all on why there has been no further communication from Egon. During the last half of March, father had a declining interest in eating and so gradually diminished his intake of food. As a result, he was losing energy and strength and the loss in appetite remains with us today. The beginning of April saw his decline accelerate and I took him to the hospital where they modified his pain medications, but he was not admitted. Since then, he continued to weaken, and so there has been involvement with Community Care and ParaMed and others. He is presently stable (with various meds) but still weak and primarily bed confined. While the pain is ongoing and mainly in his back (he has had this for years, is muscle related due spinal fracture, but now seems more pronounced), it appears that the stroke last July continues to take it's toll.

Egon remains coherent most of the time, however I note a gradual decline in his ability and speed to recognize and/or understand. For now, he still gets up (laboriously) for bathroom breaks and when someone forces him to eat. He has no appetite and would not consume much of anything if left to his own devices, and actually he eats not enough, even with Ensure ( this is a liquid protein-food product, also used in the hospital). Of course, he needs to eat and drink to have more energy than he presently has and he understands this. A recent change in medications (off of morphine and others and now on Oxycontin) is controlling the pain, however these, as all pain meds, seem to make him extra tired.

Fortunately, I now have quite a few professionals involved since the beginning of April, including ParaMed and HomeCare. There may be further adjustments on meds to find the best product and balance. I am not sure if he is gaining strength or losing some, as it seems to fluctuate daily (and even intraday of course). The challenge with communication due to the stroke is substantial. The situation has naturally consumed much time. Fortunately (?), business is slow for me at Torbay for April.

Note: I wrote the above on Sunday. Yesterday morning Dad went back to the hospital by ambulance at his request. Later in the afternoon, he was admitted, however, I believe he will stay there for only a few days - do an ultrasound, rehydrate, check blood etc. While I anticipate that he will be discharged later this week, it seems to me this is a temporary situation since he is still refusing to eat (for the most part consuming only ensure).

Sorry for the not so good news. Hope all is well by you. ~ Steve

I miss my "buddy's" e-mails. It doesn't sound too encouraging, but then I had another friend who was extremely ill with cancer and she is a trooper just like Egon. Just when you think she's down, she keeps going and going and going. Let's hope the Energizer bunny gets Egon back on his feet and his fingers on the keyboards, piano and computer. Pray, pray, pray!

Pat

Edited by yellowbird23

I miss my "buddy's" e-mails. It doesn't sound too encouraging, but then I had another friend who was extremely ill with cancer and she is a trooper just like Egon. Just when you think she's down, she keeps going and going and going. Let's hope the Energizer bunny gets Egon back on his feet and his fingers on the keyboards, piano and computer. Pray, pray, pray!

Pat

Just found out today that my friend lost her battle with cancer. Sad day!:(

Pat - That's a tough one. I've lost some very good friends. I think of them often, and I'm sure your friend will live on in your memories.

Thanks Doug. We met years ago of all things when we were both having horrible panic attacks. We supported each other through it and both came out on top thank God. I will never forget her, as you.