Never too old!

Musicus

I know that Egon's bills were a lot less. I believe he posted once that it was between $45,000.00 and 50,000. a year. Does anyone else remember any figures?

I vaguely recall the same...like around $1,000 per week (which would seem doable on many cruise lines).

• 3 months later...
Hi Dad, where are you now? Year Two since you undertook your Final voyage...

Your presence continues as inspiration. Love you always, miss you forever.

Your son ~ Steve xo

I have not and will not ever forget your father. He was my buddy from day one and had so much fun talking and teasing each other. Egon...hope they have the grandest piano wherever you are.

Patty in PA

Edited by Nanny5

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

It's 4:00 am, and I've just finished reading this thread which I discovered two days ago.

What a touching and inspirational tale of a man whose last two years were full of adventure and the search for connection with others.

I'm so thankful I have read this.

Thanks, Egon, Steve, Yellowbird, and others.

Hi Dad, where are you now? Year Two since you undertook your Final voyage...

Your presence continues as inspiration. Love you always, miss you forever.

Your son ~ Steve xo

Happy Valentines Day Steve! I often think of Egon and the good times we had on here and through e-mail. I believe he would have celebrated another birthday the beginning of this month, right? I am so thankful I go to "know" him.

Pat "Yellowbird23"

I was so surprised when a new posting popped up on my saved threads. It is amazing after so long how people are still finding this wonderful saga to enjoy. Egon remains my role model for the future, and I hope to continue to cruise as long a he did. In Jan. I took a 10 night Caribbean cruise and am now looking for my next one to book,:D

Someone from CC posted a link to this thread and I have been reading it all weekend. The closer I got to the last page my stomach started hurting because I knew it was coming to an end.

It's just so amazing what Egon was able to do in his later years! Now when I have an ache and a pain I am going to think about a great man who wouldn't allow pain, rain, cobblestones etc to keep him down!

Never knowing my Dad, I have to tell you Steve, you are so blessed to have a Dad like Egon in your life. I will think of him often and a big Thanks to all involved who helped to make this available to others.

May the Good Lord Bless all of you.

• 1 month later...

I just came across this thread. I only read the first postings (before deposits), but I so admire him and will look forward to reading this from time to time. I have dealt with elder care for four parents for 21 years. So I know a thing or two. I am looking to this thread for inspiration and will comment again when I am done. Unfortunately, I am in the throes of busyness, and cannot read it through, so it will take me a while. I am sure it will be a great read.

• 1 month later...

Hi Ya'all ... amazing is it not? ... how the years cruise by.

Three years today since Dad's passing, and it brings me Peace and Joy to see that he continues to bring inspiration and motivation to readers here as he cruises the heavens.

Not sure how long Dad's website will remain active, however if you wish to know more about him, you will find it here: http://home.cablerocket.com/~egon/index.htm

All the Best to You. ~ Steve Landsberg

DSCF0596db.JPG

Three years today since Dad's passing, and it brings me Peace and Joy to see that he continues to bring inspiration and motivation to readers here as he cruises the heavens.

Not sure how long Dad's website will remain active, however if you wish to know more about him, you will find it here: http://home.cablerocket.com/~egon/index.htm

DSCF0596db.JPG

All best wishes to you, Steve. It must help your loss .. at least a little .. knowing that Egon remains in the thoughts of many of us after all this time. He is not forgotten.

Steve, I am late to the Cruise Critic boards, but I spent several evenings reading your father's posts. What a special man he must have been. May your memories bring comfort. His legacy of a positive and courageous attitude lives on through this thread. I am sure it has touched more people than have posted and will continue to do so. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...