Is US Direct worth the extra money?

aznfayeth

I am flying in to vancouver at 12p in july for a cruise(departure time 5p) to alaska. I think taxi would cost $30 for the 3 of us. If I do the US Direct program, I will have to purchase holland bus transfer which is $24 per person(total $72). Is the extra money worth not waiting in line for custom and having luggage shipped directly to the ship? thanks

A great question. Without US Direct you could spend 30 mins or more in line at Canadian customs in YVR then a similar amount of time waiting to clear US customs at Canada Place before boarding the ship...so what is an hour or more of your vacation time worth. Then you have the matter of what happens if your flight is an hour or so late...well US Direct could be a life saver (ok, a cruise saver). Those are the matters/issues as I see them but in the end it is your decision.:)

ps. If I were flying in the day of my cruise, I would probably do the US Direct thing...its just a little more than the price of a bottle of wine at dinner.

When we flew into Vancouver for a same day cruise we used RCI transfers US Direct..we may have been lucky arriving at about 12 noon and on the transfer bus and headed to the ship before 1:00pm. Had a great bus driver he narrated everything we were seeing along the way.This was worth it and would do it again..Also did the cruiseline contracted train from Seward to the Anchorage airport this was one of the highlights of our cruise..Can't wait for the 2012 schedule to come out..So in my opinion YES worth every $.. do the transfers US Direct....:)

Archived