Travel insurance why bother

cyberterry

going on ventura july to med.

is travel insurance really necessary

No not at all.........................except P&O will not lrt you travel if you do not have it.:mad: Bit of a bummer.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

No not at all.........................except P&O will not lrt you travel if you do not have it.:mad: Bit of a bummer.

Dai

The duplicated thread for this is here Seems the views on that thread dont quite agree with yours.

The duplicated thread for this is here Seems the views on that thread dont quite agree with yours.

As DTR says it is in the book.

Also as you should know you have to inform P&O of your insurance company before you go.

Dai

is travel insurance really necessary

Yes.

Or maybe you choose not to buy travel insurance because deep down you have a desire to fall ill abroad and need hospital care which you can't afford. You will then write an article for Take A Break or That's Life magazines (or if your really lucky you'll get a segment on The One Show) with a picture of you looking depressed in a hospital ward, clutching a fistful of medical bills complaining that you've had to remortgage your house to cover the costs and how this wouldn't have happened in Blighty.

I think I read you are going on a cruise THIS MONTH? If so , you should have your insurance NOW, incase illness stops you going and all your cruise costs are lost - and we are talking big money, all for the sake of a £50pp travel policy?

I think I read you are going on a cruise THIS MONTH? If so , you should have your insurance NOW, incase illness stops you going and all your cruise costs are lost - and we are talking big money, all for the sake of a £50pp travel policy?

Been there.

Done that.

Cancelled the Caribbean because of pending hospitalisation.

:-))

Insurance paid out :-))

If he's not young and fit, that is even more of a reason he should get travel insurance...:rolleyes:

I am taking my 82 year old mum-in-law on a cruise in 2 weeks, booked it only last week the same day I researched travel insurance, I would never take the risk of going without it, went with the Post Office in the end (not many insurance companies cover people over 75), cost around £75, her cruise cost £1600 - sole occupancy balcony - it was worth paying £75 for a weeks insurance I think for cancellation as well as illness /.accident aboard.

Archived