Kids on P&O

joebe

Hi there, this is my first post, so please be gentle with me! :p

We are cruising on Ventura this Summer with a 6 year old and 2 year old. It will be in the summer holidays so I am expecting there will be lots of kids on board. Do they have limits on how many kids can go in the kids activities and/or night nursery? If so, is it first come first served, or is there some sort of system to share it out fairly?

Any advice would be welcome so that we know what to expect - we have cruised on Oceana a few years back, but our eldest was too young for the clubs and it wasn't school holidays, so wasn't an issue then.

I may be wrong but I believe P & O put a limit on the number of children that they book on each cruise to ensure that the kids clubs and facilities can cope. Therefore there should not be a problem with your children being admitted, although there might be a limit on the number of places in the night nursery.

Hi there, this is my first post, so please be gentle with me! :p

We are cruising on Ventura this Summer with a 6 year old and 2 year old. It will be in the summer holidays so I am expecting there will be lots of kids on board. Do they have limits on how many kids can go in the kids activities and/or night nursery? If so, is it first come first served, or is there some sort of system to share it out fairly?

Any advice would be welcome so that we know what to expect - we have cruised on Oceana a few years back, but our eldest was too young for the clubs and it wasn't school holidays, so wasn't an issue then.

Hi - as far as I'm aware there is always enough staff to cope with the numbers. They definately restrict the numbers of children onboard . The night nursery is restricted in numbers and is on a first come , first served basis. However they do have a slumbertime in toybox from 8pm - where basically they turn down the lights pull out bean bags and duvets. They then put on films and allow the kids to wind down . By the time you pick them up they are asleep or on their way!!!!!!! I'm not sure what time toybox shuts but I think it was 11pm but it could have been 12!

The staff in the kids clubs are amazing - your kids will have a ball!!!!!! Ventura is a fantastic ship for families. The only downside is that the pools are very deep. So make sure you take arm bands ( although you can get some from the kids club if you forget!)

Hope you have a great time - I'm sure you will

Sue

I'm sure your children will have a great time. The numbers of children are calculated so that the ship can cope with them. I know someone who worked as Youth Crew and she was highly qualified and able as they have to be. We took our daughter cruising first when she was 9. She and we loved it so much that 15yrs later we're still going! She actually met her fiance on the ship a few yrs ago! They are getting married next year, not onboard ship but guess what the honeymoon is!!

I think I read somewhere that 800 children are the limit on Ventura (out of 3,100 pax).

On my cruise on sister ship Azura in a fortnight we have 322, no doubt there are enough staff to cope with the maximum at any time, which would be high season school holidays end July and August.

Archived