Hair - just found out how to 'twist'

ailuro

Just back from the hairdresser, asked him to give me something that worked with the kinks and waves in my hair instead of constantly fighting them, and he showed me how to 'twist' my hair. ( I have medium brown, smooth hair ) I admit to being hopeless with my own hair, but always manage to make a great job of DD's hair.:)

He says twisting will take a little longer for me to do, but is easy and will give a gently wavy look without frizzing or going fluffy.

It works! :D It looks gently tousled instead of straight at the top and kinked at the bottom where there is no hair weight pulling the waves out. I'm so impressed that I learned a new way to do my hair at 40 years old.:o

So now I just need to find out if there is a diffuser on the onboard hairdryers on NCL:D as once the hair has curl serum on it and is twisted the hair is gently blow dried form underneath.

I can't wait to try it myself, will not wash my hair in the morning as I always like to go out with my hair done 'properly' the first day after it's cut.:)

Anyone else found out anything new for doing hairstyles that they'd care to share for easy to do hairstyles onboard?

Just an idea that my hairdresser told me.

You can make a blow dryer a diffuser (I had my doubts but it has worked on every vacation so far) Go to Sallys or a beauty supply place and buy a blow dryer cover(Its about 5.00) what it is a foam piece,kind of like a sock for your blow dryer- best way to describe it. That fits over end of any blow dryer to make it an instant diffuser. I have fine, natural curly wavy hair- so anything that helps me with easy maintenance I'm good.. And its so easy to pack in your beauty case doesn't take a lot of room. Can't hurt to give it a try:D

Alrana

OK, will have a look if I get time - it's only two days till we leave, but will just make the best of it if there is no diffuser.

Thanks for the info about NCL.:)

Go to Sallys or a beauty supply place and buy a blow dryer cover(Its about 5.00) what it is a foam piece,kind of like a sock for your blow dryer- best way to describe it. That fits over end of any blow dryer to make it an instant diffuser.

I bought one of these and it does work. Kept the curl in my hair instead of blowing it straight.

Tina

I have very straight, fine hair. One of my co-workers had bought some of those curly hair pins, and they worked great for her thick, wavy hair. I bought some just to see what they would do in my hair and they actually work - better if my hair is dirty or has a little hairspray in it. Took me a minute to get that you have to screw them in but they hold well! I think these would be very handy if you do have wavy or curly hair - would be a very easy way to pin it up in a casual, messy-type style!

It is not curly at the roots, just kind of falls into nice waves... sorry if that's no the answer you hoped for.

I have used 'papilloten' before (the foam rollers with wire up the middle) and they take longer to do and it's a bit hit or miss for me.I end up missing a bit, and certainly wouldn't want to do that every day.

I'm going to try the twisting thing this morning, hoping it looks a nice as when the hairdresser did it.:o

Archived