Favorite Dish in Blu

DWIN1050

Loved every item on the dinner menu. Breakfast not so much.

Just shows how personal tastes can vary.

can you go the the MDR for breakfast? --it is open seating...

we will also try the Elite breakfast at Michaels

Yes, you can have breakfast wherever you wish. The breakfast in Michaels Club is only a continental breakfast. If you want something heartier, you have to go to Blu, the buffet or the MDR or order room service.

Oh...this is a tough one to answer as there were so many good items. I think the most memorable for me was the ribeye and teh lamb shank. That lamb fell right off the bone. Oh, there was also a great halibut dish that was wrapped in phillo in a lobster bisque...yum!

I can't wait either. A side question? Does Blu serve bread with dinner and how would you rate it? Is is like the MDR or are they flat breads?

Yes they do, and as far as I could tell, they are the same as the MRD, although I am not a bread person so I did not pay much attention.

Does the Main dining room not have the fillet and escargot, anymore? :(

You can get escargot every night if you wish in the Main Dining Room. Filet maybe one night during a 7-night cruise. I loved their prime rib and rib eyes. The lamb is also excellent.

You folks are making my mouth water and making it difficult to wait until mid August when I will be able to enjoy all that good stuff.

Hi....we'll be waiting right along with...have a feeling the wait will be worth it:p

You can get escargot every night if you wish in the Main Dining Room. Filet maybe one night during a 7-night cruise. I loved their prime rib and rib eyes. The lamb is also excellent.

Thank you! Don't want to upgrade to AQ, because of bad location of cabins.

Fillet, pheasant and escargot

I ditto the filet and I was amazed by the pheasant! YUM! I tried a few things that I had not eaten before and I must say I loved everything. My 10 yo grandson cruised with us and he said Blu was his favorite part of the cruise! "Out of the mouths of babes."

We were in 1603 and 1605 and slept late a few mornings - the children went to bed early 2 nights - none of the 4 of us ever heard ANYTHING - except music from the atrium, lobby bar - faintly.

The lobster on second formal night was fantastic. Breakfast lovely, specially muesli prepared at the table on your wish and fresh squeezed orangejuice. Had every dinner in blu during our 10 nights cruise. Loved it all the time.:)

What does this mean? We were in 1640, below another deck of cabins and the location was wonderful. Look at the deck plans there are MANY AQ cabins NOT under the pool deck.

Archived