Need recommendations for a beach day

astridwilson

scubagirl, i am traveling with some people that dont have a lot of spending money on extras, but i want to go somewhere with a nice beach, food, drinks and bathroom. I dont see any of the sheraton passed being sold via rcl. Can you please help and give suggestions. We embark on the 30th of this month.

Sheraton day passes are only available same day... from the hotels front desk. They are $25pp.

Nice beach, decent food, fun drinks, bathrooms, snorkeling, kayaks, water trikes and lifeguards.

Just went to the Sheraton website to check out pictures etc and it said the day pass is $99....is that something different? Also will they let you borrow/rent snorkel equipment or do you have to have your own? Thanks in advance! What a great thread!

Just went to the Sheraton website to check out pictures etc and it said the day pass is $99....is that something different? Also will they let you borrow/rent snorkel equipment or do you have to have your own? Thanks in advance! What a great thread!

Hi:

I sent an email to the Sheraton today about a day pass and here is their response.

Regards,

Arlene

Hello,

Thank you for inquiring about our Day Use room; at the Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort

Day Passes rate as follows:

· Day Pass without room is $25.00 per adult; $12.50 per child less than 18 years

· ROOM ONLY Day Use rate is $99.00 for 2 adults. Each additional person is $18.00

· DAYLUNCH with Room is $145.00 which includes Lunch for 2 adults.

The beach and pool experience will cover cost for towels, chairs, umbrellas and NON-MOTORIZED water sports, equipment only

Day use rate includes Taxes and Gratuities .Day use rooms are available between 7 a.m. to 7 pm, based on availability

Day use rooms can be booked in advance, or the day of arrival. A credit will be required at time of booking, to guarantee the reservation

Taxis are available for you at the Ship Pier

The Hotel is about 12 minutes away from the Ship Port

We would love to have you come, and experience our Beautiful Resort

Warm regards

Gloria A. Mitchell

Reservations Agent

t — 242.327.6000 x 860190 f — 242.327.5968

SHERATON NASSAU BEACH RESORT

West Bay St, Nassau Bahamas, N-4914

sheraton.com/nassau

Thank you so much for that great info!! I think we're going to spend some time there when we are in Nassau - can't wait!

We are going to also, but first I have to book the cruise for November 14th.

Regards,

Arlene

Would you please tell me about Paradise Island Resort?

Thanks.

Paradise Island harbour resort is run down and needs a wrecking ball. The property it sits on was bought by Atlantis a couple years back and then leased back to the owners of the PIHR.. since then nothing has been maintained or updated.

THe chaise lounger are few and far between and stickey with lotion and whatnot. The pool is missing tiles and usually green with algae. The Beach is small and man made, and on the harbour... which in and of itself is not bad, but it has a chain link fence around the small area that catches debris.. and that is your VIEW from the beach.

It's insane that they have remained open this long.

It's a college spring break property, that has seen better days.

I won't even go into what the rooms are like.. except I hope noone has allergies to mold or mildew.. or wants to sleep with all the noise in the hallways and rooms next door.

DON'T DO IT.

Scubagirl, I hope you can help, I have read that you don't need to purchase a day pass at either of these two hotels if you just want to lay on the beach. Read somewhere that you can just walk right through the lobby onto to the beach for free. ( The Sheraton or Wyndham) Is this true?:confused:

Scubagirrl help me please. What are the chances of getting transportation for a person in wheelchair that has to ride in her chair in Nassau. Also any recomindations on a place with beach wheelchairs that we can take her to. Thanks for any info you can help with. She is 18 but about 13 mind wise. Want her to have some fun there.

Archived