PRICE DROP How to take a screen shot??

YAY! PRICE DROP FINALLY! How do I take a screen shot? Thanks in advance!
How to Submit a Claim

To save screenshot easily:

1. use the Print Screen button on the key board.

2. Open up a word program and hit the paste icon (which then pastes the screen shot into the document)

3. save the document and can email or print it if needed.

OMG THAT was so easy! Now I took a screen shot of my catagory and the new price, but how do they know that is from todays date? Is there somewhere else I should take a screen shot of?

If you have the ability (I know not everyone does) you can print it to an Adobe file. That Adobe file will then contain the headers and footers that usually print with any web screen that you print.

Just select "file" "print" (don't just hit the printer icon), and then select the Adobe PDF for your printer.

Alternatively, you can save it as an image by using the same steps, except selecting "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer"

If you have the ability (I know not everyone does) you can print it to an Adobe file. That Adobe file will then contain the headers and footers that usually print with any web screen that you print.

Just select "file" "print" (don't just hit the printer icon), and then select the Adobe PDF for your printer.

Alternatively, you can save it as an image by using the same steps, except selecting "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer"

I've submitted around 6 of the forms without having to include a screen shot. I just got my latest one approved today, no problem.

Right clicking on the document and viewing the properties generally shows when the file was created. Also, often if you hover over the icon for the file it will show the properties (date created, etc.) in a pale yellow box that appears briefly.

Right clicking on the document and viewing the properties generally shows when the file was created. Also, often if you hover over the icon for the file it will show the properties (date created, etc.) in a pale yellow box that appears briefly.

True. But I'm a nerd, and would want it printed on the screen shot. :)

How do I know if my cruise price has dropped? Is there a special website I should be watching? I booked with Carnival. Do I get reimbursed if Carnival drops their price....or if ANY booking website drops their price?? HELP!

How do I know if my cruise price has dropped? Is there a special website I should be watching? I booked with Carnival. Do I get reimbursed if Carnival drops their price....or if ANY booking website drops their price?? HELP!

Go to the Cranival website and do a mock booking for the very cruise you have booked and go thru all the steps of looking a catagories and prices and in your category see the price is less than what you paid and yes you can check other travel websites too...:D

OMG THAT was so easy! Now I took a screen shot of my catagory and the new price, but how do they know that is from todays date? Is there somewhere else I should take a screen shot of?

I just hovered my mouse pointer over the time in the lower right corner of my computer and the date pops up and this was captured on the screen print as well.

Not knowing how to do this, I lost out on Thursday...the person I spoke with couldn't see the screen I was seeing, and when she told me to get off the page, it was gone for good...boohoo!

At least with Windows-7 if you do only "ScreenPrint" key, the date/time info displayed in the SysTray at bottom right is retained in the ScreenPrint.

Also with Windows-7, you can keep rthe "Snip" tool in the Bottom TaskBar and use it to copy the Screen and easily Paste or Save as .jpg.

ken

I've submitted around 6 of the forms without having to include a screen shot. I just got my latest one approved today, no problem.

the ScreenPrint is handy for the (numerous) when Carnival Processors deny the claim. ken

So I am booked with an early saver for May 1, 2011. Do I have to keep checking the rates, and email my pvp the screen shot? Or do I submit some

sort of claim? Or will it automatically drop? Also, if the price is lower say on travelocity, will they honor that rate with the early saver? One last question lol, will I be getting the lowest price the rate ever will be?

So I am booked with an early saver for May 1, 2011. Do I have to keep checking the rates, and email my pvp the screen shot? Or do I submit some

sort of claim? You have to monitor the rates for your specific cruise, same cruise date, same Cabin Category, same Number of Passengers, and submit the ES Claim form on carnival.com. Or will it automatically drop? No. Also, if the price is lower say on travelocity, will they honor that rate with the early saver? NO - but you should not see a lower rate on that site! One last question lol, will I be getting the lowest price the rate ever will be?

Ken

How rude!! Our PVP did not mention that at all?!

HMMMMMM!

Read about Early Saver (and Price Protection form link) at http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/earlysaver/default.aspx . Read the ES Terms and conditions at bottom of the page.

Notes on ES and Procedure for checking Rates is below (the procedure looks much worse than it is!):

EARLY SAVER PRICE ADJUSTMENTS

When you book Early Saver you're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself (which goes away in 3 months cruises 5 days or less and in 5 months cruises 6 days or more) but you also want to monitor drops for any rates that you're eligible for, including the FunSelect Rate, Past Guest Rate (if you're a Past guest), the 55+ Rate (if you're 55+), the Resident Rate for your State of Residence, and the Military Rate (if you're military eligible). If the Past Guest rate drops below your current ES rate, and you’re a Past Guest, you get that rate. Same for FunSelect, 55+, Resident and Military Rate drops. Remember that the price protection is for same ship, same dates, same Cabin Category and same number of passengers (the adjustment is for the combined PAX 1 and PAX 2 rates AND the PAX 3 (if any) and PAX 4 (if any) rates. The Early Saver Price Protection is ONLY for Carnival-advertised rates.

You can monitor Military Rates on any of the several on-line sites that display Military Rates; you cannot determine these rates on carnival.com, only by calling Carnival. You can view the current Military Rate s offered by Carnival at http://www.bookccl.com/salestools/FunFaxes/Special%20Programs/T1PM1.pdf .

Once Booked, You can check the Past Guest, 55+ and Resident Promo Rates daily using the Quick Search Box on carnival.com . In order to view the promo rates, it may be necessary to first Log-In with your username AND Password, then Log-Out, such that no Name or Past Guest ID info is displayed when you visit carnival.com.

· Use the blue QUICK SEARCH Box on Carnival.com Home Page to fill-in your cruise information (Month/year, Embarkation Port, Destination, Cruise Length). Select the "Special Rates" link and always select your State of Residence from the drop-down list, and select the promo rates (Past Guest, 55+) that you're eligible for,. Click on the SEARCH link.

· “PAGE 1” – This display will be the SEARCH RESULTS display for all the cruises that fit the SEARCH criteria that you entered. There will be a line for each Cruise; across that line, the fare being offered for the lowest available Cabin classification within each CATEGORY (Interior, OceanView, Balcony, Suite) is displayed. The Fare displayed below each Category is NOT the Fare for ALL the Cabin classifications in that Category; it’s the Fare for the lowest Cabin classification in that Category. This is NOT the Fare you’re price-matching!!!! To proceed, Find your specific Cruise/Date line and click on the DETAILS link.

· “PAGE 2” - This CRUISE SUMMARY page displays Cabin Selection info, Itinerary Info and Ship Info for the specific Cruise you selected in the preceding step. The Fare displayed below each Category is NOT the Fare for ALL the Cabin classifications in that Category; it’s the Fare for the lowest Cabin classification in that Category. This is NOT the Fare you’re price-matching!!!! To proceed with Cabin Selection you have to Click the “SELECT” button under the Cabin CATEGORY (Interior, OceanView, Balcony, Suite) that you’re interested in.

· “PAGE 3” – This display will be the RATES PAGE for the Cabin CATEGORY (Interior, OceanView, Balcony, Suite) that you just selected. There will be a line for the standard FunSelect, FunSaver (and for EarlySaver if still being offered) Rates. Then, the 55+ Rate line, the Past Guest Rate line and the Resident Rate (for the State you selected earlier) is displayed, ONLY IF they are currently being offered. If you did a Cruise Search and entered your state, 55+ and Past Guest, there will be a Resident Rate line, a 55+ Rate Line and a Past Guest Rate displayed here ONLY if that rate is currently being offered for your specific cruise (and for the Resident Rate, for the State you entered). The Fare displayed alongside each of the the FunSelect, FunSaver, 55+ Rate line, the Past Guest Rate line and the Resident Rate line NOT the Fare for ALL the Cabin classifications in that Booking Rate; it’s the Fare for the lowest available Cabin classification in that Rate for the Category you selected. Select the Rate you’re interested-in, Select the number of Guests, and Click on the “CONTINUE” link.

• “PAGE 4” – This display will be the STATEROOM PAGE for the CATEGORY and RATE that you previously selected. Click on CATEGORY at the top of the display (or on the blue EDIT in the middle of the display).

• “PAGE 5” - FINALLY, This display will be the Listing of all the Stateroom CATEGORIES and their FARES for the Booking Rate that you selected (FunSelect, FunSaver, EarlySaver, 55+, PastGuest, Residency). The Booking Info, Fare Code, Govt Fees and taxes for the booking will be displayed in the right-border. This is where you see the actual rates for each cabin classification within a CATEGORY.

If your Category is listed as N/A, then you are out of luck for a Price Adjustment, unless more Cabins become available. However, if a Category above yours drops below your current ES Rate, you can upgrade to that Category and generally get OBC for the fare difference.

ken

What I did both times was to copy the web page location, then when I filled out the form, I pasted it in the box where it says 'web page'. No problems getting it approved.

Melanie

I'm thinking that the actual Fare Data on that linkis going to keep changing as the prices change. ken

YAY! PRICE DROP FINALLY! How do I take a screen shot? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the heads up..I called today and upgraded from the Triumph Rivera deck with a window to the 10th deck in a room with a balcony for only $50.00 a piece more..

I just hovered my mouse pointer over the time in the lower right corner of my computer and the date pops up and this was captured on the screen print as well.

Wow didnt know you could do that and I am very computer literate!!! Thanks.

How to Submit a Claim

To save screenshot easily:

1. use the Print Screen button on the key board.

2. Open up a word program and hit the paste icon (which then pastes the screen shot into the document)

3. save the document and can email or print it if needed.

Ugh, I can't get this to work. When I push the prt sc button my pointer justs jumps to the top of the page. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Edit: I just figured it out! Thanks again.

Archived