Solo Traverler DEAL!!!

cru1s1ng

I just booked a 10 night cruise on the Maasdam sailing 3/31/05. As a solo traveler I am zinged for a 50 - 100% surcharge, normally. While surfing HAL's website one fare came up without the supplement. I hope others can take advantage of it. :cool:

On my last 3 cruises I booked (solo), I paid less than 150% single supplement. If you're flexible (book a guarantee, cruise during off-peak times, etc.), HAL can be very kind to the single traveler. One of the reasons I continue to sail with them.

Roz

On my last 3 cruises I booked (solo), I paid less than 150% single supplement. If you're flexible (book a guarantee, cruise during off-peak times, etc.), HAL can be very kind to the single traveler. One of the reasons I continue to sail with them.

Roz

This was my experience also.

Thanks for the Masdaam tip...she was my first HAL cruise(NE/Canada)

and also my first solo cruise. I enjoyed her so much I came home and booked another HAL solo trip a few months later to Alaska.

Have a great cruise, and please post a review upon your return!

Marie

This will be my 5th solo cruise on HAL. I have always found HAL to have reasonable rates for solo travellers. Crystal Cruises also gives a good rate for singles. You have to shop around.

I'm going on my 1st Solo cruise ever. I'm looking forward to it and also having some trepedation. I'd love to hear any hints and tips you have for a married, but traveling solo, mid-thirties female.

btw: I got a great deal through Orbitz. Only $200 difference between double and single occupancy.

Thanks!

--Iggi

Great deal, Iggi. Both, my HAL solo cruises were wonderful experiences. I am very happily married but travel solo, on occasion. I am very outgoing, and have no problem striking up conversations. Also, on both cruises I was sat with other solo cruisers, in the dining room, and it greatly enhanced my cruise. I am still in touch with friends from both cruises. I also attended the singles luncheon.

They will offer several functions for solo travelers. Enjoy!

Marie

I searched weeks and weeks to find a line with a minimal single supplement. I felt like I hit the lottery with this one. I had even spoke with HAL about this a few days before and was told their standard was 150% for singles. I did find some inside cabins without the supplement. I'm truly lucky to be on this cruise at a price I can afford. Crystal is way out of my budget for now, but someday I hope to experience their product. :) :) :)

Archived