I couldn't not do this!

Price drops on 8/19 Explorer. I traded in cabin 9690 ON THE BACK OF THE SHIP!!! I couldn't pass up the money difference. Went from an E1 to a D1, on deck 10, port side aft, but NOT on the very back! I was in one of those aft balconies before on Princess and was so looking forward to it again - it is truly a great balcony. But the recent price drop allowed us to get a slightly larger cabin (?according to deck plans? not sure what the diff is between E1 and D1 anyway) and six hundred dollars in OBC! That's a lot of happy hours! Fortunately DW said it was my decision. BTW my brother's in an aft on same cruise, so we can always commandeer his balcony when needed!

I might have been tempted too but we are aft snobs. You won't be getting that lovely balcony and it's not any bigger either. BUT you can harrass your relatives:D It's fun to get together aft with family anyways.

I would have made the same decision in a heartbeat. I much prefer D cabins, tho only slightly larger than E cabins, to me that full sized couch in D cabins, makes a lot of difference---AND $600. WOW! GOOD JOB!

AFt cabins on Voyager class ships (Explorer is one) do not have a clear, unobstructed, straight down view. There is an extended area below, so you have to look out to see the water, plus there are a lot of beams criss-crossing the view. Although the balcony is larger, I think you make a better choice with the D1 on the side of the ship without any view obstruction.

Archived