Fabulous CD Matt Baker moving from Sky to Dawn tomorrow (July 4)

itgeek

For those of you had had the pleasure of crusing w/ fabulous CD Matt Baker on the NCL Sky (or any of the other ships he's been on), FYI, he just accepted a 4 month contract on the NCL Dawn that starts tomorrow, July 4th.

I'll miss seeing him on the Sky but glad he'll be on the Dawn. Now if only he could convince his brother to come over from RCCL (where he's a CD). [How crazy would it be to cruise the world and have your brother pulling up in port beside you in some other country every couple weeks - on a competitors ship?!]

For those who have never cruised w/ Matt, you're in a for a treat on the Dawn. I think he must live on 5 Hour Energy Shots. I've seen few people who have the same effusive energy at 7am that they have at 11pm but he's one of them!

Happy cruising!

- IT Geek

Yes he is one of the best. I wonder if he'll take Rick P. the comedian with him.

We talked to Rich in April and he didn't think he would be going but hadn't really made up his mind (that was the impression I got, anyway).

Anyone know who will be taking over on the Sky?, we sail in 1 week

Ron Sugar (maybe Sugah) is the CD now. He was the Assistant CD when we were on the Sky.

hope you are right that he will be on Dawn for 4 months--I do not think he spends 4 mos on any ship any more--Last I heard he was a fill in CD onlyand spent most of his time in Corporate training

hope you are right that he will be on Dawn for 4 months--I do not think he spends 4 mos on any ship any more--Last I heard he was a fill in CD onlyand spent most of his time in Corporate training

I heard the news from the horses mouth himself. His contract on the Dawn is for 4 months. Now if corporate asks him to fill in somewhere else during that 4 month contract, that's up to corporate.

- IT Geek

I wonder if he'll take Rick P. the comedian with him.

Dunno but I'll ask. I know it seemed he and Matt were good personal friends off-stage too. When I've been on the Sky, I'd see them eating together at off-hours and hanging out during unscheduled times.

- IT Geek

Richie, that's why some of us like chocolate ice cream and some of us like vanilla. I will say I've not seen him as fake. I've seen him in his office, out and about and on-stage, at 6am and 11pm. Pretty much the same all the time. If he's faking it, he's a darn good fake. He's more like severely extroverted and moderately ADD/ADHD! He reminds me of our Children's Pastor at my church.

- IT Geek

I didn't like Matt. I thought he was a jerk. A phoney. Just my opinion.

I so agree. We had the idiot Matt Baker on the Dawn in 2006 and our whole group thought he was the absolute worst cruise director we had ever had. (and between us all, that would have been over 25 cruises.)

He acted like a little kid... his antics were childish and he thought everything he said was funny. When you passed him in the halls, he tried very hard to avoid making eye contact. Even my daughter, who was 9 at the time asked: "why does that guy act so childish?"

and his Wiki, wiki, wah.... sounds like the stuff a 2 or 3 year old would make up. Second best thing to happen to NCL would be to lose him to another line. Good riddence.

Matt was a heck of a lot of fun on the SKY. He always seemed to be in 3 places at once. His energy level reminds me of the "Tasmanian Devil."

I wonder if he will turn it down a little for 7 day cruises? They seem more sedate than the 3 and 4 day cruises. Andy on the Pearl just about put everyone to sleep. But maybe that goes with unique Alaska itineraries.

If he makes you trip on the Dawn unbearable, I will go for you. :D

LOL. I'd volunteer as well. Although . . . Matt was the CD on my 2007 Dawn cruise and I have to tell you, by the end of the cruise, if I heard wiki, wiki . . . whatever one more time, I was going to scream. I found him to be really annoying. Luckily, I'm not one of those folks who pays much attention to who the CD is. I tend to tune them out, so they can't make or break a cruise for me. The only reason I do remember him was because of the wiki, wiki stuff. Bu as they say "different strokes for different folks". :)

We talked to Rich in April and he didn't think he would be going but hadn't really made up his mind (that was the impression I got, anyway).

Ron Sugar (maybe Sugah) is the CD now. He was the Assistant CD when we were on the Sky.

Thanks, we thought he was one of the best solo acts on board any of the ships.

Archived