Civitavecchia and Rome Cabs - when can we leave?

labeachcomber

Getting ready for our Equinox Med cruise and am making all the last minute reservations and arrangements...

After arriving back in Civitavecchia, our flight back to the States is at 11 am. I'm going to book Rome Cabs after reading all the comments about them on the boards because we are nervous that the Celebrity transfer would take too long. If the ship arrives in port at 4 am, what is the earliest that we can get off the boat? The Rome Cabs website asks you to choose departure time 7pm-7am or 7am-7pm. Which one should I select?

As noted around 7:00 AM.

Post on the Celebrity board to see what time that others were able to get off the ship.

Be sure to have your cell phone with you and a contact number for Rome Cabs.

Airport is about an hour away, possibly less depending on the traffic.

Airport is somewhat chaotic so good move to want to get there early. You need to check in for your flight 2 hours before assuming you are flying internationally and getting to this one earlier than that is smart.

Keith

I would get off as early as possible. We had a 10:40AM flight. We told RomeCabs to meet us at 6:45AM. We were off the ship at 6:15AM but could not find one bag. Took over 35 minutes to find it. I am glad we had that extra time built in to our departure from the ship.

Archived