Vatican Prepurchase Tickets

ronnie64

When getting tickets in advance for the Vatican for a specific time, how firm is that time? If you have tickets for 1pm, must you be there exactly at 1, or can you only not enter before 1?

When getting tickets in advance for the Vatican for a specific time, how firm is that time? If you have tickets for 1pm, must you be there exactly at 1, or can you only not enter before 1?

We were a little late getting there and only got in at 1.20pm for our 1pm ticket. They were fine and our guide was waiting for us. Don't know if they would let you in early though.

We hurried like anything to make our noon ticket time and were a couple of minutes late. I got the feeling that it didn't really make any difference if we weren't right on time--no one even looked at the time on our tickets. We didn't have a guide, though, just the tickets.

We didn't get there early, so I can't address that. If you are walking, it is quite a long way from St. Peter's Square to the Vatican Museum entrance--I wasn't prepared for that, which is why we had to hurry so much.

Archived