Advice on best airline NYC to Orlando

Hi

We are an English couple who will be spending a few days in New York next May before flying down to MCO and would like to get advice on the best airline to fly with.

Prices seem to be about the same at £130 total for a single flight, for all the US airlines who fly direct.

Is there one airline that is better that the others?:confused:

thanks

David and Adele

Hi

We are an English couple who will be spending a few days in New York next May before flying down to MCO and would like to get advice on the best airline to fly with.

Prices seem to be about the same at £130 total for a single flight, for all the US airlines who fly direct.

Is there one airline that is better that the others?:confused:

thanks

David and Adele

They all are basically the same. . . .mediocre at best. Use which gives you frequent flier mileage. There is an airfare thread on CC they can give information about code sharing on that thread they are all experts about that kind of stuff.

JetBlue....or continental

BTW 'direct' flights are not necessarily non-stop......direct flights MAY well make at least one stop, the flights will have the same flight number.

'non stop' is just that...no stops. and there are some non stops to MCO but many airlines will stop someplace....

(you may be used to saying 'direct' in the UK...i just was trying to help you realize that 'direct' isn't necessarily non stop..)

and you'll get tons of opinions about airlines...many like US Airways, i hate them. I love Southwest (but you'd have to go to LGA to fly them to MCO)

Delta is OK but you'll stop in ATL most likely and IME they tend to change flight times often.....

American is also a decent airline.....

thanks for the information everyone

we do want to fly non stop and the ones we looked at seem to take about 2 and a half hours.

Our cheap no frills airlines in the UK are just that, but we also have the choice of flying internally on a scheduled airline for about the same price.

we also thought about going by train on the overnight sleeper which looked really cool, but the cost was prohibitive for a sleeper car at over £800.

thanks again

David

thanks for the advice folks; we have booked Delta from Laguardia for $90

a better price direct with Delta in the USA than by booking on a UK site in £'s

David:)

Hi Happy Wanderers I think your $90 Delta deal is a good one. Just so you don't get a surprise, I wanted you to know that there is now a checked baggage charge for most airlines. I have on hold an American Airline flight with $25 baggage fee. In my research I think I saw Delta At $20/$25 for first bag fee. Explore Delta's sight for any extras. Happy Cruising

Archived