Drydock Schedule

spencercoop

We are looking at cruising on the Noordam Jan 6th to 16th and notice that the next sailing is not scheduled until Feb 6th for the Noordam. Does this mean that there is going to be another short drydock for the Noordam and if there is, then is it a mistake to cruise before she goes into drydock?

Thanks for all your help

We are looking at cruising on the Noordam Jan 6th to 16th and notice that the next sailing is not scheduled until Feb 6th for the Noordam. Does this mean that there is going to be another short drydock for the Noordam and if there is, then is it a mistake to cruise before she goes into drydock?

Thanks for all your help

Just off Noordam 2 days ago. During a question and answer session with Capt Mateboor, he said during the July drydock, the only below the waterline work was repairs of the bearings in the azipods. No painting, which is a standard and important item of their every 24-30 month drydock.

He didn't specifically say this, but I got the impression the Jan drydock might still be on for painting, and other work that couldn't be arranged on short notice for the July drydock.

The ship is in really great shape. The drydock is mostly for routine repairs, many of which are below the waterline. I doubt it will fall into anything resembling total disrepair before you get on her. Remember she is will just be approaching her 5th birthday when you get on her.

Also, Noordam has a charter during some of the time "missing" from the schedule.

After experiencing the Rotterdam directly after drydock (and having one of the legendary aft cabins :o,) I am so glad to hear the Maasdam is slated to have her reno AFTER my January cruise!:D

I'm with you cinder....we're in 220 on the Maasdam in January...the verandah suite, port side, at the stern..one that was (key word being "was") slated to go in the original retrofit...so I'm happy to hear that it will remain.

Thanks, Copper John, for your update!

Thanks for all your help

I believe that is true. We were on her in February same time for the Collectors Cruise...and I booked her again February 6, 2011, for 20 days (but changed to the Maasdam because of the unique itinerary). Anyway, as I understood it at the time, the FCC said the Noordam would be in drydock until the 2/6 sailing.

She's my favorite ship...you'll love her I'm sure!

<quote>

Do you happen to know what changes are taking place on the Noordam's dry dock...We wonder if she will get the Lanai cabins & the new showroom at sea while she is in drydock now?

And is Capt. Scott still scheduled to be the Master on Noordam's Nov 13 sailing?

</quote>

I believe the Lanai staterooms were only scheduled for the "S" class ships. There are no staterooms on the Promenade Deck on the Vistas to put them!

We've been on the ms Noordam four winters...Captain Scott the first two; Captain Mateobar the last two. Both are very nice and very capable...but John Scott is definitely my favorite!

Ruth C, Copper10-8 & Dutch by Association & Innlady...

Sorry for not thanking you before but I lost this thread..

Thank you all for your answers..Silly me forgot that there were no cabins on Promenade Deck...It's been over 6 yrs. since we were on a Vista ship..

Not doubting that Capt Scott is nice & capable also..Only reason I asked about Capt Mateober was to get my copy of his book autographed..

Cheers......:)Betty

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help

For maha123 ;

Not sure you are still looking at this thread, but you should know that The Noordam is under charter for jazz cruises from 16-23 January and 23-30 January. I believe, but can't confirm, it is also under charter for the week from 30 January until 6 February.

Jerry

Archived