Anyone have pics of Horizon Court?

Finally Going!

Ok--I know it seems silly, but DH is most interested in what he will be eating on the ship. He has found pictures and videos of the MDRs, IC, Sabatini's, etc. but cannot find any of the buffet. (He has become a little obsessed since I showed him the pics of the food at the IC--lol)

If you have pics or can point me to some, I would be ever so grateful. We are going on the Golden...but I imagine most of the buffets are the same on Princess ships. :confused:

Thanks so much!

We were on the Golden and took pictures of every public space on the ship. The photos we have of the Horizon Court do not include the food as we had to take the pictures in the very early morning so that it wasn't crowded.

Check out the rest of the ship, with pictures of the food, etc at our blog:

http://thegeomonkeys.com/category/hawaii-2010/

Here are the pictures of the HC that we have:

hc11.jpg

hc2.jpg

hc5.jpg

hc3.jpg

hc41.jpg

Thanks you guys! Great pics--these ought to give him an idea what the place is like. This is really the first interest he has taken in the cruise--and also is a night owl so he is really interested in what the buffet will offer him. Whatever is takes to make him happy. ;o)

I love that there are tables with an ocean view--I guess when I pictured the buffet, I imagined it being an all interior space...it actually looks like a pretty nice place to eat.

:)

Gee, Im a thin person, but 98 percent of my cruise photos have food in them. I dont see anything wrong with his interest. Now I forget what ship you will be on, but has he seen the photos of the offerings at the International Cafe? WOW.

Karen

Whoops, sorry, went back and see he has seen the photos of the IC. Happy eating to your hubby! I will be on that ship next April, please tell him to leave a few morsels for me!

I love that there are tables with an ocean view--I guess when I pictured the buffet, I imagined it being an all interior space...it actually looks like a pretty nice place to eat.

:)

The Horizon Court does have a lot of tables with an ocean view. Just be aware, though, that during the busy breakfast and lunch times, it will be nearly impossible to find one! You're best bet to get a nice window table is to have dinner there instead of in the MDR. My wife and I did that a few times, and it was a nice quiet atmosphere. Much different from the zoo like experience you'll find for breakfast and lunch ... especially on Sea Days.

LOL--that's a good one!

I'm gonna show him that one and tell him it is the line for dinner.

Don't do it:eek: Because that does look similar to the Horizon Court at lunch on embarkation day.:rolleyes:

Mike:)

Don't do it:eek: Because that does look similar to the Horizon Court at lunch on embarkation day.:rolleyes:

Mike:)

LOL--I just showed him...he pats my shoulder and says "Have a good time on your cruise, Dear."....pauses, clears throat, "think I'll be doing a lot of room service"

:D

Just join us in the dining room for lunch on embarkation.

It will be the most peaceful lunch he will have all week.

M:)

What time do you guys arrive in SEA? We fly in at 10:30a (if all goes well) Still need to arrange transport to Pier--but leaning towards a towncar. Hopefully the construction snafus will be cleared by the time we go so we can breeze from airport to pier. Definitely planning MDR for lunch.

What time do you guys arrive in SEA? We fly in at 10:30a (if all goes well) Still need to arrange transport to Pier--but leaning towards a towncar. Hopefully the construction snafus will be cleared by the time we go so we can breeze from airport to pier. Definitely planning MDR for lunch.

That makes at least 4 groups of us for MDR on Aug 14. See you all there. We are just coming down from Everett, so hope to be at the terminal between 11 and 11:30.

Honestly, these amateur pictures make it look so much more tacky than it actually is. (this isn't a shot at the photo takers. it's just the way it is when you're using generic point and shoot cameras)

It's really not all that bad once you're on the ship.

The Horizon Court does have a lot of tables with an ocean view. Just be aware, though, that during the busy breakfast and lunch times, it will be nearly impossible to find one! You're best bet to get a nice window table is to have dinner there instead of in the MDR. My wife and I did that a few times, and it was a nice quiet atmosphere. Much different from the zoo like experience you'll find for breakfast and lunch ... especially on Sea Days.

Completely agree with this, we get very nice tables in the afternoons and evenings, particularly on port days. Honestly, with the table linens and peaceful atmosphere, it can be a very relaxing experience and also, much faster than the MDR.

The buffets have such an amazing selection, you can just make a big salad or indulge in multiple meats and sides. My DH has accidentally memorized the initial lunch buffet, and last cruise, was reminding all of us to get some deep fried scallops and duchess potatoes.

Completely agree with this, we get very nice tables in the afternoons and evenings, particularly on port days. Honestly, with the table linens and peaceful atmosphere, it can be a very relaxing experience and also, much faster than the MDR.

My wife and I discovered how nice the Horizon Court can be for dinner a few years ago when we were on an Alaska cruise. We were enjoying the scenery so much we didn't want to have to leave it to spend an hour and a half in the MDR. We went to the Horizon Court, got a window table, and enjoyed our dinner and the view at the same time. Plus, if there was a particularly scenic area, I could run out on deck and get a few photos of it, then go back to dinner. Perfect for us.

Archived