All you can drink?

utseabee

we are getting ready to go on our first cruise (YIPPIE!) and I can't find any information on Princess's website regarding drink packages- soda, coffee, beer, etc.

Does Princess offer a beer package or a soda package?

Thanks!

Soda - Sticker for your cruise card is $4.25 per day plus 15% tip. Unlimited fountain sodas. Coke products. Good in all bars, lounges & restaurants. Not good for room service.

Beer - Buy 5 get one free bucket special

we are getting ready to go on our first cruise (YIPPIE!) and I can't find any information on Princess's website regarding drink packages- soda, coffee, beer, etc.

Thanks!

No such thing as all you can drink beer or any type of alcohol on Princess. OMG, they would have to float another ship behind just to carry the beer for some, if that was the case. lol

No such thing as all you can drink beer or any type of alcohol on Princess. OMG, they would have to float another ship behind just to carry the beer for some, if that was the case. lol
Actually, there is, but it's only available in groups, on voyages over 5 days, in groups over 30, and everyone in the group has to take it. It's $45 per person per day for wine and full bar, $30 per day for bar only, $25 per day for wine only, at lunch and dinner, and $20 per day for wine with dinner.

Plus 15%. And not available on Alaska cruises.

:D

Darn!

we were originally booked on a Celebrity cruise, but decided we didn't want to deal w/ airfare, so we switched to Princess. but i don't want to make up for airfare in beer money. Oh well, hubby will just have to drink up in port!

Actually, there is, but it's only available in groups, on voyages over 5 days, in groups over 30, and everyone in the group has to take it. It's $45 per person per day for wine and full bar, $30 per day for bar only, $25 per day for wine only, at lunch and dinner, and $20 per day for wine with dinner.

What, no wine only packages that include wine with breakfast???;)

Does it only include "house" wines?

Is Champagne considered wine for those packages?

Just Curious...

Yes, I know, but what I am talking about is individual packages that passengers can purchase. Very few regular passengers are booked in a group that can make this purchase, or are willing to pay the price for it. But it is something that has to be planned for, not just walk up and purchased, if I am not mistaken. :confused:

Yeah, and they'd have to have a floating platform for all the people who fall overboard to get to so they can be rescued.

Wow - $45 for wine & full bar - that's great value. I need to find myself a group to join :D

RCL manage to cope with wine packages OK! Not sure why Princess would need to tow a barge behind for all the alcohol........ or are Princess patrons more adept to alcohol consumption. :)

Darn!

we were originally booked on a Celebrity cruise, but decided we didn't want to deal w/ airfare, so we switched to Princess. but i don't want to make up for airfare in beer money. Oh well, hubby will just have to drink up in port!

Celebrity is currently the only mainstream cruiseline that offers an all you can drink option for individual pax. Bottoms up!!

Thanks!

I read somewhere recently on this board that the price for a "double" scotch or Martini, etc., onboard Princess ships, was only a dollar or so more than a normal alcoholic drink. Is this true?

I read somewhere recently on this board that the price for a "double" scotch or Martini, etc., onboard Princess ships, was only a dollar or so more than a normal alcoholic drink. Is this true?

Oh I wish :D We regularly order doubles and they are twice the price of a standard drink - around $11-$12 each for the double.

If anyone knows how & where to get the $1 double upgrade please post here :D

Nope, not true, sorry. :(

Plus 15%. And not available on Alaska cruises. /quote]

Let me get this straight: Even though my cruise will be longer than five days, I can't get a drink card because rI am not in a group of 31. Or are you saying if I am not in a group of 31, my cruise must be longer than five days? I want the ultimate drink card for juices (specifically apple), smoothies, milkshakes, and mocktails. I never drink coffee, pop, or alcoholic beverages. Somebody said on another thread I can get a drink card for all the drinks I do like except milk, which is free anyway.

Let me get this straight: Even though my cruise will be longer than five days, I can't get a drink card because rI am not in a group of 31. Or are you saying if I am not in a group of 31, my cruise must be longer than five days? I want the ultimate drink card for juices (specifically apple), smoothies, milkshakes, and mocktails. I never drink coffee, pop, or alcoholic beverages. Somebody said on another thread I can get a drink card for all the drinks I do like except milk, which is free anyway.

No, the card they are speaking about is an all-inclusive card for alcohol and is only available to large groups. There are no restrictions to get an Ultimate Drink Card...

I think you're confusing the "Group" alcohol drink card with the "Ultimate drink card." The Ultimate drink card doesn't include alcohol; it's just for sodas, juices, mocktails, etc. It used to be available only to kids on the ship but is now available to adults as well. In other words, you as an individual can purchase the Ultimate drink card so this is probably what you want to do. The card you're referring to as a "group" card is for alcohol, which you've indicated you don't want.

Relax and get the Ultimate Drink Card. :)

Are there any beverages that are complimentary on Princess?

Ships coffee and tea are available 24/7, juice with breakfast and milk with meals (and afternoon cookies). And Lemonade is available in the buffet during lunch.

Definitely NOT true - we asked about that bit of misinformation on the Diamond Princess last week. The bartender related that none of them would have their jobs very long if that were true.

Churchill's Bar on board did offer a slim selection of mixed drinks and beer for $2.99 after 8:00PM - drinks were Mai Tai's, Long Island Iced Tea, Singapore Sling, and one other which I can't remember. Didn't check the beers since we are not beer drinkers - sorry - but there were 3 different ones listed. Miller Lite is the only one I can remember.

Ships coffee and tea are available 24/7, juice with breakfast and milk with meals (and afternoon cookies). And Lemonade is available in the buffet during lunch.

I read millk is available 24/7 and always free through room service. And how could they not offer millk for breakfast in the dining rooms?

I find it interesting that everyone acts like lemonade is not one of the "juices" available - it is like people think lemonade is not a type of fruit juice. I don't see it that way. To me lemonade is juice, just with a lot more sugar than others like orange and apple.

Archived