Miama/Lauderdale question?

BoPippy

Looking at flights to Fort lauderdale with air miles and not as good of a selection as Miami.I am wondering if Princess gives transfers from there(Miami)to cruise ship in Fort Lauderdale and if not can u get hotel transfers from Miami to hotels near cruise terminal in Fort lauderdale or is it too far?:confused:

Looking at flights to Fort lauderdale with air miles and not as good of a selection as Miami.I am wondering if Princess gives transfers from there(Miami)to cruise ship in Fort Lauderdale and if not can u get hotel transfers from Miami to hotels near cruise terminal in Fort lauderdale or is it too far?:confused:

Pretty sure Princess offers transfers from/to MIA.

Not sure about the rest of your question.

Its only 22 miles.

Princess offers transfers from MIA to the port in Fort Lauderdale, but from the airport in MIA to the port only, that I know of. I don't know of any hotels in the Fort Lauderdale area that have complimentary transfers from MIA to the hotel.

There is always super shuttle if you plan to arrive in MIA and have an overnite stay in Fort Lauderdale. Or you can book your pre-cruise hotel stay through Princess ($$$) which they would transfer you.

We have encountered this same problem as almost all the direct flights from the west coast to FLL have been eliminated so we now fly into MIA. We have used private transportation to FLL with SAS. They have been most reliable meeting us at MIA very early in the AM as we fly in on the red eye and it takes about 30 minutes that time of the morning to get to FLL.

We check into our hotel with an early arrival. Works for us and I hope it will work for you. By the way you can go to the Florida part of the CC boards and get more info there.

Good luck and happy cruising!

Grandmaa, We're also planning on flying in to MIA. We can get non-stops from SFO. Is SAS a limo service? How much do they charge for a car to FLL?

I would call it a van service.

We paid $15 a person + tip in February from port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale airport.

http://www.ridesas.com 954-600-0240

As they are based in Fort Lauderdale, I am not sure if they are allowed to pick up at Miami airport and go to individual hotels in Fort Lauderdale. They are allowed to go to the port or the airport in Fort Lauderdale from Miami.

The Princess transfer is only $19 to/from MIA, a very good deal compared to taking a taxi or limo. When we were delayed in FL in January post-cruise and were finally going home, we paid $75 for a limo from Hyatt Place North to MIA (like others have said, there are no longer any direct flights from FLL to LAX).

If it were me, I'd check into how much the Princess pre-cruise costs because your hotel cost for the night includes transfers from MIA to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. It's worth checking out and for one night, you're not paying a huge premium.

We took a direct flight from LAX to FLL on Virgin America in Apr. I assume they are still offering this flight.
Just double-checked Virgin America and from what I could see, they have only two flights a day that are non-stop; one leaves at 7:45am, which you'll never make in a million years, the other at 6:35pm. If for some reason you can't make that later flight or it's cancelled/delayed, you'd have to stay overnight. Not my cup of tea.

Archived