Entertainment options

ActiveTraveler

The Princess website emphasizes movies and comedians for its theater entertainment. They mention also having solo singers and musicians in the theater. Details about their "lavish" productions are nowhere to be found and yes, I did look everywhere on the site. Reviews of the big girls do not rate the entertainment high. Can someone who sailed on the Grand or Ruby describe big productions such as concerts and dance shows, or are there no such performances in the Princess Theater?

. Details about their "lavish" productions are nowhere to be found and yes, I did look everywhere on the site.

Did you see the priduction show video at http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/night/index.html

Also on the Princess web site:

Two New Production Shows -- Ruby Princess audiences will be able to enjoy two new Princess-produced shows in the ship's theater. "Broadway Ballroom" presents the music of the ?Great White Way' with a ballroom flair, pairing the songs of hit musicals with dance numbers ranging from foxtrot to rumba. The show also features the talents of a costume designer and choreographer from the TV hit "Dancing with the Stars." Meanwhile, "Once Upon a Dream" uses unique multidimensional cinematic projection to follow a dreamscape unlike anything seen at sea. The audience will accompany a young woman's journey as she dreams of everything from a tea party in an English garden to singing camels in the desert, and even a trip through a waterfall and brief nightmare before waking to a new day.

There were performances on the Coral 5 out of 6 nights (3 different shows) in the theater, the 6th being canceled due to bouncy ship syndrome. We did not go to any (which we regret after we saw the setup on the Ships Tour), but the onboard reviews were generally positive. They are not going to match Blue Man Group, or Chicago or some of the more lavish productions being pushed out now, but I suspect they will be entertaining if you like the music being featured (the reason we chose to skip was the features show was based on Motown, which neither of us are big fans of.)

The Princess website emphasizes movies and comedians for its theater entertainment. They mention also having solo singers and musicians in the theater. Details about their "lavish" productions are nowhere to be found and yes, I did look everywhere on the site. Reviews of the big girls do not rate the entertainment high. Can someone who sailed on the Grand or Ruby describe big productions such as concerts and dance shows, or are there no such performances in the Princess Theater?

Did you see the priduction show video at http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/night/index.html

Also on the Princess web site:

Two New Production Shows -- Ruby Princess audiences will be able to enjoy two new Princess-produced shows in the ship's theater. "Broadway Ballroom" presents the music of the ?Great White Way' with a ballroom flair, pairing the songs of hit musicals with dance numbers ranging from foxtrot to rumba. The show also features the talents of a costume designer and choreographer from the TV hit "Dancing with the Stars." Meanwhile, "Once Upon a Dream" uses unique multidimensional cinematic projection to follow a dreamscape unlike anything seen at sea. The audience will accompany a young woman's journey as she dreams of everything from a tea party in an English garden to singing camels in the desert, and even a trip through a waterfall and brief nightmare before waking to a new day.

Awesome! That is some of what I am looking for. :)

My cousin is in Blue Man Group at the Venetian so I don't care about a ship not having that one.

Indeed there are production shows and individual performances in the Princess theaters. Check out the following site

http://www.princess.com/video/dvd/Production_Shows.html

Also for our cruise at the start of June on Grand Princess we were sent the following information from Princess in advance of the cruise. They were going to add shows as well so these might not be the selections for your cruise.

Let us entertain you

From production shows and Hollywood hits to fabulous entertainers and enrichment courses, there's a whole world of entertainment waiting for you onboard.

• Original Productions

Spectacular shows in our theater are a hallmark of every cruise with Princess. Here are a couple of the shows scheduled for your upcoming cruise:

Stardust: The music and songs of years gone by, with classics from Doris Day, Perry Como to name a few.

Cinematastic: The music of the movies takes us all on a journey from the classics of yesteryear to popular dance movies of the 1980s.

Awesome! That is some of what I am looking for. :)

My cousin is in Blue Man Group at the Venetian so I don't care about a ship not having that one.

Though - the NCL Epic does have the Blue Man Group.

Indeed there are production shows and individual performances in the Princess theaters. Check out the following site

http://www.princess.com/video/dvd/Production_Shows.html

Also for our cruise at the start of June on Grand Princess we were sent the following information from Princess in advance of the cruise. They were going to add shows as well so these might not be the selections for your cruise.

Let us entertain you

From production shows and Hollywood hits to fabulous entertainers and enrichment courses, there's a whole world of entertainment waiting for you onboard.

• Original Productions

Spectacular shows in our theater are a hallmark of every cruise with Princess. Here are a couple of the shows scheduled for your upcoming cruise:

Stardust: The music and songs of years gone by, with classics from Doris Day, Perry Como to name a few.

Cinematastic: The music of the movies takes us all on a journey from the classics of yesteryear to popular dance movies of the 1980s.

Anyone know what original production shows will be on the Golden in Alaska in September? Thanks.

Though - the NCL Epic does have the Blue Man Group.

People are already criticizing Epic as the ugliest ship at sea and having terrible cabins. If that is true, I would not sail on it just for Blue Man Group. But I think it is awesome a ship has that show.

Archived