Mariner dining room choices

Are there any places in the Mariner dining room that you would avoid? Any places that you would seek out? I know that it is a three tier dinning room so there are lots of choices. My wife and I have met many wonderful people at our table and are looking forward to meeting new friends. We are diamond members but have never been on the Mariner.

Kreidy

It's not the location that is good or bad...it's the COMPANY at your table! We were once seated right by the kitchen door...worried me a bit, until we got to know our tablemates.....they were a total HOOT! We had such a good time, we never noticed where we were sitting, and a bonus.....super-hot food, in record time! If we needed something additional or extra,...bam..it was there in a flash!

Anything special about which level you are on? Do they try and put the MTD passengers on the third level? Second level is more intimate? Main level is where the captian sits? We are second seating.

kreidy

Cb at Sea, I agree about the company. We have had newly weds, gentleman in kilts (with knife, pre 911), concentration camp survivers, ships officers, and more fun people then you can shake a stick at. I can think of only one time we had 'bad' table mates, young family that was always at least a half hour late, when they showed up at all. Not like the old days when you had breakfast, lunch, and dinner with the same people.

Kreidy

Can anyone tell me if the three levels are accessible from three different decks or if you need to be able to do stairs in the dining room. My daughter has mobility challenges and stairs are difficult for her so accessibility will impact where we sit.

Thanks.

We had early dining on the 3rd floor, it was great. We were towards the back, next to the railing. I think the acoustics were better there because there was only the opening not tables to one side. You could look down to the other 2 levels.

You access each level from its own floor.

I would NOT want to sit in the very front part were everyone has to pass by you.

Can anyone tell me if the three levels are accessible from three different decks or if you need to be able to do stairs in the dining room. My daughter has mobility challenges and stairs are difficult for her so accessibility will impact where we sit.

Thanks.

Accessible, at least it is on the Voyager of the Seas and I'm sure it is on the Mariner too. On the Voyager, MTD was on deck 5 -- the Promenade deck.

If using a wheelchair, be careful of the metal bumps all around the ship. I think these are expansion joints, but whatever they are they can stop a wheelchair rather abruptly.

Archived