Meet and Mingle?

Traveler353

I have always wondered why they do nothing other than give us an empty room with a bartender.

I've put together a lot of meet & mingles, dozens in fact, and they seem to turn out pretty good.

Typically, the cruise director and folks from the entertainment staff drop by, they provide dry snacks and, as you mentioned, a bartender and drink servers.

:)

Why doesn't Carnival support something like this?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/cruiselinel2.cfm?cruiselineid=32

Here is what Carnival sent me.....

new_talisma_header.gif

Good day Ed:

Thank you for your e mail. We are pleased that you have selected to sail aboard our Carnival Victoryfor your group’s travel plans.

If your group has a minimum of 20 guests who are fully deposited and would like to plan a gathering by purchasing food and beverages, our Event Planning Department can assist you. I have attached our Carnival Entertains Booklet with our food and beverage options listed for you to make your selections.

Once the group is fully deposited and guest counts confirmed, please send us a request and we will secure a venue that best fits the group size.

I want you to know, we do not block lounges or meeting room space for groups who simply need an area for informal gathering, unless they require pre-purchased food and beverages. If your group would like to get together to socialize, they should agree upon a designated location once onboard (i.e. before dinner) and communicate this location to the members of the group. Bear in mind the location may not be used as a private venue.

If you do wish to pre-purchase food and beverages, once you have made your selections please send all requests via e-mail to GroupEventPlanning@carnival.com attention to Group Event Planning. Please include your group booking number, ship, sailing date, number of attending guests, day, time and length of the event, any equipment needed and all food and beverages needed in the room.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

We look forward to working with you.

Thank you for Choosing Carnival Cruise Lines.

Kind Regards,

Kathleen Charles

Event Planning

Carnival Cruise Lines

Hope this helps.....:rolleyes:

Brookie & Ed

Thank you all for your feedback. It just seems that it would be a very good PR thing for Carnival to consider. CC members may only be a small percentage of the passangers on each sailing but what is said (good and bad) on this site reaches a lot paying customers.

Thank you all for your feedback. It just seems that it would be a very good PR thing for Carnival to consider. CC members may only be a small percentage of the passangers on each sailing but what is said (good and bad) on this site reaches a lot paying customers.

If I am not mistaken...this comes out of RCCL's advertising budget. Apparently, Carnival does not see the need to spend money this way....when all the CDs are willing to do it for anyone who asks...for free....

If I am not mistaken...this comes out of RCCL's advertising budget. Apparently, Carnival does not see the need to spend money this way....when all the CDs are willing to do it for anyone who asks...for free....

Free!!! must be mistaking Carnival with another cruise line. Tried to set up a meet and greet and was told we have to buy food and drink.

Archived