Rebooking bargains online

iewe

Oops -- title says online but I meant on board!! :)

I know that some cruise lines offer special deals if you book another cruise while on board -- does NCL do anything like this?

No actual bookings done on the ship..........but......

You can purchase a "Cruise Reward Certificate". The price is $250 and you automatically receive a $100 OBC for the cruise you are on (So the price is basically $150).

I believe you have 4 years to use the certificate, and can book a cruise of 5 or 6 days or longer with any TA or directly with NCL.

The certificate is good for the entire deposit on the next cruise, unless you are in one of the high end suites which would require more of a deposit.

If you do a search on the boards here for cruise reward certificates you can find a lot more information on them. :)

The ones we bought a couple of weeks ago had to be for 6 day or longer cruises.

Your right, I just checked the fine print on NCL's website...

At least I was able to use them once or twice for 1 or 2 day cruises before they changed the terms...:)

NCL's Freestyle Cruise Rewards Terms & Conditions for US and Canada

To redeem your Freestyle Cruise Rewards please call your Travel Professional or NCL at 1-866-234-7352. At time of booking, please notify us or your Travel Professional that your Freestyle Cruise Rewards deposit will be applied to the reservation.

1. When you charge a $250 Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit to your shipboard account, you will receive Cruise Reward credit in USD or CAD based on which office your current cruise was purchased (credit will go in your NCL guest record or NCL Latitudes account); and an instant $100 shipboard credit towards your current cruise.

2. Your Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit is charged in U.S. dollars. You must be 21 years of age or older to charge a $250 Freestyle Cruise Rewards to your shipboard account.

3. A maximum of four (4) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits may be purchased per person.

4. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are refundable only within 30 days of purchase, in the amount paid minus the amount of the instant $100 shipboard credit. A Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit can only be applied to a new reservation and otherwise has no cash value and is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash. Cruise Rewards Deposits are transferable at no charge.

5. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are valid for sailings of 6 days or longer.

6. Limit one (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used per stateroom; and may be used as the full deposit for all staterooms except Specialty Suites, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas (staterooms requiring enhanced deposit). One (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used as a partial deposit towards the full required deposit for Specialty Suites, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas.

7. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are valid for new reservations made within 4 years from the date of purchase, and become null and void after expiration. Failure to redeem and sail within 4 years will result in forfeiture of Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit.

8. You must notify NCL or your Travel Professional that a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit will be applied at the time of reservation. No black-out dates will apply. Reservations are subject to availability.

9. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits cannot be combined with chartered cruises, employee, friends and family, interline and travel agent rates.

10. To cancel a reservation made with a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit, you must submit the cancellation in writing and it must be received by NCL in accordance with NCL cancellation policies and procedures. The Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit will be re-issued minus any cancellation fees, but will retain its original expiration date. If you cancel a reservation made with a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit after its expiration date, it will be forfeited. You are expected to have appropriate travel documentation. Cancellations due to lack of appropriate travel documentation (e.g., improper or expired visas or passports, etc.) will incur applicable cancellation fees.

11. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, you must comply with the NCL the NCL (Bahamas) Ltd. d/b/a NCL and/or NCL America Inc.'s (together "NCL") Terms and Conditions of the Cruise Brochure and Passenger Ticket Contract.

Please be aware that you can only use 1 Cruise Reward Certificate per cabin, not per person. Luckily this wasnt a problem for me because we wound up booking 2 cabins, so we split my husband and myself up. Nice to book a $1,700 cabin and only need the $250 deposit. :D

You can transfer the Cruise Reward Certificate to someone else if they are Latitude members. It takes about 24 hours and there was no charge that I am aware of.

they are the way to go specially if you know you will be cruising NCL in the next 4 years!!

we purchased 4 of them on our December cruise and gave one as a gift-done very easily and there isnt a fee or anything!

it is NICE to not have to make that deposit at the time of booking!!

plan to get at least 1 or 2 more on our next cruise:)

Archived